afel

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Hi all, new issues with my 2021 Taycan Turbo. Every time I go back to the car, all my Media Favorites are blank?! It is as if they are not storing. No issue with me not logged into the PCM. Only had the car a few weeks and this is something new for the last few days. It's annoying to say the least especially when you factor in the clunky media system :(

Anyone had this issue? Have a fix? :)
Sponsored

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
My experience is that it takes a little time, almost a minute after the PCM boots. Do they eventually show up?

50Feaux

First Name
Mike Lowery
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
Hi all, new issues with my 2021 Taycan Turbo. Every time I go back to the car, all my Media Favorites are blank?! It is as if they are not storing. No issue with me not logged into the PCM. Only had the car a few weeks and this is something new for the last few days. It's annoying to say the least especially when you factor in the clunky media system :(

Anyone had this issue? Have a fix? :)
I'm having the same issue in my 2021 4s. I've had the car for over a month now and it has happened twice already. Have you found a fix?

OP
OP
afel

afel

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I'm having the same issue in my 2021 4s. I've had the car for over a month now and it has happened twice already. Have you found a fix?
It just started working soon after and has not failed since. Consider locking the car at night with the key fob as I understand that resets the PCM after 45 min

Mike V

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
918, Taycan GTS ST, Tesla Model S P100D
Country flag
My 2020 Turbo started doing the same thing a week or two after the WMA5 software "improvement" campaign that was supposed to catch up the 2020 cars to the 2021 firmware state-of-the-art.

That campaign improved/fixed various things but seemed to break others. "Forgetting favorites" is a bug that was not a part of the 2020 firmware as experienced in my Taycan until after WMA5.

Was it ever solved in your car?

My car forgets all FM & SiriusXM favorites (but not internet radio ???) and NAV favorite destinations every 24 to 240 hours as if it were connected to a random number metronome. Sometimes it forgets the next day and sometimes it can take more than a week, but never longer than about 10 days. It's been this way since Spring.

50Feaux

First Name
Mike Lowery
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
My 2020 Turbo started doing the same thing a week or two after the WMA5 software "improvement" campaign that was supposed to catch up the 2020 cars to the 2021 firmware state-of-the-art.

That campaign improved/fixed various things but seemed to break others. "Forgetting favorites" is a bug that was not a part of the 2020 firmware as experienced in my Taycan until after WMA5.

Was it ever solved in your car?

My car forgets all FM & SiriusXM favorites (but not internet radio ???) and NAV favorite destinations every 24 to 240 hours as if it were connected to a random number metronome. Sometimes it forgets the next day and sometimes it can take more than a week, but never longer than about 10 days. It's been this way since Spring.
No sir, haven't had any issues lately (fingers crossed). I haven't driven my car but maybe 3 or 4 times since the date of my original post. Hopefully they sent an update to fix this for everyone

Botox

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Cayenne TGT, 20 Taycan TurboS, 22 M5c
Country flag
I had same issue after WMA5 update. (2020 Turbo S) Initially everything was great, but then lost connectivity several weeks later. Favorites didn't work, repeating software updates, then lost bluetooth and CarPlay connectivity. I ultimately had my connect module replaced all works great now.

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
Reviving an old thread. Has this been solved or a work around? Happened to me few days ago. '21 Base built in July 2021.
Sponsored