RoseyPSU

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Aston Martin Vantage
Country flag
Now, i’ve still got a spare 400gb superspeed microsd, wondering if the cam can take that capacity. That would increase video to nearly a year of footage.
Did you try the 400gb microsd? According to their website, the camera can only handle up to 128gb. Curious if anyone is successfully using over a 128gb microsd.
Sponsored

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Did you try the 400gb microsd? According to their website, the camera can only handle up to 128gb. Curious if anyone is successfully using over a 128gb microsd.
Maybe that's why it didn't work for me. It just blinked 4 times and did nothing else. I was feeding it a 256gb card.

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Now, i’ve still got a spare 400gb superspeed microsd, wondering if the cam can take that capacity. That would increase video to nearly a year of footage.
Wow. My 256gb on a viofo a139 pro lasts like 3 days max before overwriting.

CaskieAtl

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
Hi All: I purchased the FitCam for my Taycan and after looking it over, I decided I wanted to also have an interior camera like I did on my previous car. So, I have it new in the box for sale if anyone wants to buy. I'm in the USA, so no waiting for it to come from China. It's the Model "A" Taycan FitCamX with "in the Front 1440/Rear 180 64Gig" version. I have not installed it or removed from the box, except to look at it. All parts are there and unused. I also have it listed in the classified section here.

Taycan191

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Mercedes CLS 450 Edition 1, 2Taycan (Ordered)
Country flag
When connected to the rain sensor does the FitcamX record in parking mode and the car is turned off when somone or something approaches the vehicle. Looking for this feature in a dashcam in case of vandalism.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S - 2017 718 Cayman S
Country flag
Bumping up this thread to give info to those who may still be looking or landing on this thread.

I just received mine. It took about two weeks from payment until reception.

I'm not a big wrench guy as I've only done basic things on cars (changing wheels/tires, etc.)...but I find I'm a person that can usually figure out things. Just wanted to give some background info as I was a bit weary/anxious to do the installation myself

The latest video fitcamx posted helps a lot. Watch it many times and pay attention to the steps.

It took me about 30 minutes from start to finish. And the hardest part was actually the first two pieces to take off (the bigger panel and the small attachment behind the rear view mirror)...mostly because I was scared I was going to break something. If you use a little bit of force, it'll work without breaking anything.

Same thing with counter clockwise twist to get the rear view attachment disconnected from the window. Use a little bit of force and twist it the way it says. You'll hear a clang when it disconnects from the metal mount, but it's normal.

There are two slots that you can slide the bigger/extra wires in. Some people had trouble based on the thread, but I found it pretty simple and direct.

After everything was connected again, downloaded the app, it connected to the dashcam right away and we were good to go.

the "parking mode" lasts about 5-6 minutes after you turn off the car (you can hardwire it to the fuse box for it to always stay on, but we chose to skip that option).

The video quality is very good. Just short of being great...but will definitely do the job, it is clear and pretty good. The biggest thing is to make it look OEM and honestly, Porsche should find a way to buy the dashcam from them and have it installed as an option because the car looks like it came that way with the dashcam. The main reason we went with this is we wanted a clean look and it delivers.

It's record fine so far but it's still relatively new. Just wanted people to know they shouldn't be scared of ordering it and installing it themselves if they want the clean look like we did :)

MrJones02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
So I was looking for a discreet dashcam ... I liked the way the fitcamx was small and out of view so ordered one through amazon ... a bit more expensive then on their site but didnt want to get hit with import-duties/tax afterwards.

So it came in the mail today, I was expecting the one on the left (just like they advertise on their site/amazon) ... but instead got a bigger one, just like the one on the right.

Hate it when you order one thing based on how it looks and you get something else ... looks like I'll be returning this one.

So future buyers, be aware when you order a fitcamx. (unless you dont mind how it looks)

Porsche Taycan Fitcamx dashcam installation fitcamx

Watchesandburgers

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS
Country flag
Bought the FitCamX pretty much immediately after buying my car. I was a little wary of the installation, but decided to give it a shot. I'm relatively handy, but not interested in a huge project or possibly messing up my new, expensive car. I watched the installation video before beginning and used my iPad so I could see the video easily during installation.

Installation went well, though it took several trips back and forth from passenger seat to driver's seat. There were one or two spots where my human-sized fingers couldn't quite reach one bit or another, but with a little push, shove, and stretch I made it work. From start to finish it took maybe 45 minutes, but time wasn't a factor - I'd rather take is slow and get it right than the alternative.

The end result is the cleanest dashcam install I've ever seen. @truthlesshunter is right, Porsche really should buy this design and use it as the OEM camera system. Images and video in the highest "4K" mode are very good and obviously 100% centered, which makes my OCD happy. I did get a little reflection from the dash-mounted clock, but turned the brightness down via the touchscreen. The app is functional, and downloading videos to my phone is fine. Slower than I'd prefer, but that's OK. One little niggle is that I have to disconnect Apple CarPlay in order to connect to the camera wifi network, but it's not hard (temporarily turn off Bluetooth). The included SD card gives me about 1 week of video before it loops/deletes.

FitCamX, you get 5 stars!

Porsche Taycan Fitcamx dashcam installation IMG_8894

Porsche Taycan Fitcamx dashcam installation IMG_8889