Guest Account - Driving Observations

Dogs_Tess_Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (delivered 31/07/2020), 996 911 C4S, Mercedes_E320
Country flag
Thought I would share this with you.....

The other day my passenger accidentally selected the Guest Account before we drove off.

Without knowing, when I drove on normal roads, I noticed that the car would not go above the national speed limits. When I am in my PCM account, even with traffic assist enabled, you can still go beyond the limits, you just get a visual warning that you are.

Also, when joining the motorway from a stand still at a junction that was controlled by traffic lights, putting in a big demand on the accelerator, the car would just gracefully build up speed to 70 mph, even if I floored it, the car was having nothing of it. At 70 mph it would not allow me to go any faster. Even cruise control was limited to 70 mph.

I can only surmise that the guest account is an advance setting of Valet Mode, where for example, your Taycan is being driven by an authorised driver and the Guest account stops them from having a joy ride and thrashing your beloved Taycan.

I was not able to change from Guest to my profile account while driving (again makes complete sense) so I had to pull over, stop the car, change accounts, then pull off and enjoy the ride.

I have checked the Porsche connect manual and there is no detailed information about the Guest account, only that it can not be deleted.
Sponsored

TAYC4S

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911C4S; Jag F-TypeR; Taycan4S; Turbo+992 (ordered)
Country flag
Thought I would share this with you.....

The other day my passenger accidentally selected the Guest Account before we drove off.

Without knowing, when I drove on normal roads, I noticed that the car would not go above the national speed limits. When I am in my PCM account, even with traffic assist enabled, you can still go beyond the limits, you just get a visual warning that you are.

Also, when joining the motorway from a stand still at a junction that was controlled by traffic lights, putting in a big demand on the accelerator, the car would just gracefully build up speed to 70 mph, even if I floored it, the car was having nothing of it. At 70 mph it would not allow me to go any faster. Even cruise control was limited to 70 mph.

I can only surmise that the guest account is an advance setting of Valet Mode, where for example, your Taycan is being driven by an authorised driver and the Guest account stops them from having a joy ride and thrashing your beloved Taycan.

I was not able to change from Guest to my profile account while driving (again makes complete sense) so I had to pull over, stop the car, change accounts, then pull off and enjoy the ride.

I have checked the Porsche connect manual and there is no detailed information about the Guest account, only that it can not be deleted.
That's great - so it is like a valet mode? Can you limit the speed and number of miles/range of driving with this "guest mode" - and can you put a pin into it so it cannot be switched by a valet?

OP
OP
Dogs_Tess_Tickle

Dogs_Tess_Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (delivered 31/07/2020), 996 911 C4S, Mercedes_E320
Country flag
That's great - so it is like a valet mode? Can you limit the speed and number of miles/range of driving with this "guest mode" - and can you put a pin into it so it cannot be switched by a valet?
No worries. Haven’t played with it since, but will do in the next day or so once this Fookin rain stops

What I have found is:

1) when the car detects an updated speed limit, via the sat nav or road signs, if traffic assistant is enable, I could not go any faster. Even with my right foot flat to the floor.

2) Other accounts are greyed out and not selectable.

3) If your PCM account is not PIN protected, then the car is in full game mode for the “Valet” person.

I will have a play around and update the thread in a day or so.

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Despite this precaution by Porsche, there are accounts of Taycan hooning and resulting damage by stevedores/transport operators/dealership staff. Example:
Taycan Turbo Totaled In Crash After Only 15 Miles