R Benny Waered

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S, Rapide S, Mc GT, ID.5
Country flag
4S CT with Bose but bass always v inadequate so have installed an active sub on boot floor (removable). Someone said it has a Bose sub though, under the trunk/boot cable box? Well I havent seen or heard it but has anyone else as should prob disconnect it given the new sub.

Audison 350w active sub is v compact and It's improved the sound 100% BTW as the top end on the Bose is actually OK but such weak lower mids and no bottom end.
Sponsored

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
EV sound systems (especially the subwoofer) are designed differently. The focus is much more on overall weight and power consumption in EVs (in addition to cost… as per usual with OEM systems). If you concede on a combination of cost, weight, or power consumption, its not hard to find better alternatives.

satchurator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 CT4
Country flag
As a family, we enjoy Tortilla soup, which we often buy pre-made in cartons or tins. No matter how much corn a given soup contains, my wife is only satisfied once she has added more corn to the soup. If the tin contained nothing but corn, more corn would still be required. And thus, our Mandatory Modified Tortilla soup is always perceived to have more defined bottom end, with scooped mids and sparkling highs.

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
As a family, we enjoy Tortilla soup, which we often buy pre-made in cartons or tins. No matter how much corn a given soup contains, my wife is only satisfied once she has added more corn to the soup. If the tin contained nothing but corn, more corn would still be required. And thus, our Mandatory Modified Tortilla soup is always perceived to have more defined bottom end, with scooped mids and sparkling highs.
…..and here I thought I provided a fairly intellectual response to the OP but this one is MUCH better 😏

OP
OP
R Benny Waered

R Benny Waered

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Heres me worried about shaking my kidneys to Metro Boomin and Mantovani and you guys are worried about the corny range and depth of soup! Cracking post 😂👍

Last edited:

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Heres me worried about shaking my kidneys to Metro Boomin and Mantovani and you guys are worried about the corny range and depth of soup! Cracking post 😂👍
Maybe you need a subwoofer belt, to shake the kidneys directly. Perhaps combined with a helmet with a dedicated subwoofer and speakers to allow you to feel every note in your teeth without bothering your passengers or people outside of your car, or using as much energy as shaking the whole car.

OP
OP
R Benny Waered

R Benny Waered

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I need to reverse the polarity on my Bose noise cancelling headphones and strap them to lower back! 😍😂

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Both the Bose and Burmester sub are at the bottom of the extra space under the panel in the boot floor. Their size is limited by the space available so may well not go into the lowest audible octave.
The lower driver mount in the front doors has space for an 8” unit which is pretty big for a car door speaker and may well go just as low, depending on driver chosen.
I keep meaning to take my measurement microphone into my car and do a frequency response measurement, but haven’;t been bored enough yet…
Sponsored