First Name
Gareth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Hi! -

someone has clearly tried to pull off the rear number plate on my Taycan while it was parked in the street, they didn’t manage but have bent it a tiny bit so I’d like to unscrew it and bend it back into shape before reattaching it.

does anyone know how I unscrew the rear number plate please? I can’t find it anywhere online so thought one of you might have an idea.

thanks loads if so!
Sponsored

Dilpo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Sport Turismo
Country flag
Rear plate size differs per country so its entirely dependent on the holder you have in place. For instance mine does not use screws at all to hold the plate, you just lift the edge with sufficient force from one side.
The holders are not porsche specific, check online what type of solutions are available in you country and its likely similar that your local dealer has installed.

OP
OP

glon

First Name
Gareth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Rear plate size differs per country so its entirely dependent on the holder you have in place. For instance mine does not use screws at all to hold the plate, you just lift the edge with sufficient force from one side.
The holders are not porsche specific, check online what type of solutions are available in you country and its likely similar that your local dealer has installed.
Ok, thanks! I’d assumed the attachment was universal/part of the car but what you say makes sense as countries have different shape plates. Thanks!

AllanG

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Porsche Macan S in Crayon
Country flag
Are you sure your number plate is screwed on, cos if you can’t see the two screws, then I’m pretty sure the plate will be affixed using adhesive pads, in which case it’s a matter of carefully prizing the plate off…..using a hairdryer to warm the plate helped in my case.

OP
OP

glon

First Name
Gareth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Are you sure your number plate is screwed on, cos if you can’t see the two screws, then I’m pretty sure the plate will be affixed using adhesive pads, in which case it’s a matter of carefully prizing the plate off…..using a hairdryer to warm the plate helped in my case.
Yeah, it’s like this (see picture :)

Porsche Taycan How to remove rear number plate IMG_4829

AllanG

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Porsche Macan S in Crayon
Country flag
Then all you’ve got to do is pop off the plastic caps, and underneath are the screw heads.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Yes it is very country dependent. My number plate would require me to drill out the fastener. They are fastened with pop rivets in France. Can’t have it that you easily stick on false number plates, can we??
Sponsored