Darthgup

First Name
Sunjay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4s, 2020 Macan S
Country flag
I wanted to start by saying thank you to all the members of the forum. I just got my Taycan 4s 2020, white exterior red interior and loving every moment in it. It has refueled my love of driving.
I was just wondering if anyone else has been looking or has a solution. I have an 11 year old and on long drives we let her watch movies on her iPad. I have a mount for the rear seat for the Macan that attaches to the bolsters of the head rest. Obviously with the Taycan that isn’t an option. Anyone come across or know of any safe solutions?
Thanks again in advance
Sponsored

Bigben

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover L405 4.4L SDV8, VW T-ROC R, Yamaha FZ8
Country flag
I wanted to start by saying thank you to all the members of the forum. I just got my Taycan 4s 2020, white exterior red interior and loving every moment in it. It has refueled my love of driving.
I was just wondering if anyone else has been looking or has a solution. I have an 11 year old and on long drives we let her watch movies on her iPad. I have a mount for the rear seat for the Macan that attaches to the bolsters of the head rest. Obviously with the Taycan that isn’t an option. Anyone come across or know of any safe solutions?
Thanks again in advance
Over a year later - has anyone found a solution? I’m at the point of thinking suction cup on pan roof but 1) it feels a bit unsafe 2) it might shake a fair bit / fall 3) it’d drive me crazy to have to clean the glass every time to remove the cup mark

miglio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s - Cayenne Coupe Hybrid - Carrera S 992
Country flag
Interesting … follow

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Over a year later - has anyone found a solution? I’m at the point of thinking suction cup on pan roof but 1) it feels a bit unsafe 2) it might shake a fair bit / fall 3) it’d drive me crazy to have to clean the glass every time to remove the cup mark
This attaches to the passenger window and looks pretty solid (re shaking), but you're left with the same clean-up issues as attaching it to the pan roof.

Porsche Taycan iPad Holder for Rear Passanger EL6204_B2-2_v2_720x

gnop1950

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4s
Country flag
My children have hands, they find them excellent for holding things.
Ahh, but if they have an iPad mounted, earbuds, and can watch without holding it is probably more likely they'll fall asleep. Now I'm getting older, but if memory serves to have my son, or grandson, fall asleep on a long drive was a good thing ;)

Bigben

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover L405 4.4L SDV8, VW T-ROC R, Yamaha FZ8
Country flag
This attaches to the passenger window and looks pretty solid (re shaking), but you're left with the same clean-up issues as attaching it to the pan roof.

EL6204_B2-2_v2_720x.jpg
Probably easier to clean a small rear window than a big upside down roof so why not, just means the kid in the middle is a bit uncomfortable watching… but the more I look at the seats the less they feel like an option to accommodate any holder
I don't have my Taycan yet so I don't know how sturdy the rear cup holders are. Something like this might work:
https://www.amazon.com/Holder-Cellet-Compatible-Samsung-Surface/dp/B075G4KRM5?th=1
That could work in the front holder if not bumping into it with my elbow
Can’t put in the back as they’re 3 kids so need the armrest folded
My children have hands, they find them excellent for holding things.
Yeaaaaah…. I find that it makes them look down too much - not great for neck and can make their feel sick too
TBH they did watch a lot of movies when younger in all previous cars (all had built in RSE but the GL) but now even though the RR has it too they tend to use it less
Maybe because we don’t travel as much long distance with this whole mess…

jontybutts

First Name
Jonty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Eletre R, Taycan
Country flag
Ahh, but if they have an iPad mounted, earbuds, and can watch without holding it is probably more likely they'll fall asleep. Now I'm getting older, but if memory serves to have my son, or grandson, fall asleep on a long drive was a good thing
Had a few cars with PlayStations, TV’s and wireless headphone integration which I thought was a great idea. Turns out my kids and I actually all prefer talking and interacting on a journey.

gnop1950

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4s
Country flag
Had a few cars with PlayStations, TV’s and wireless headphone integration which I thought was a great idea. Turns out my kids and I actually all prefer talking and interacting on a journey.
If you can keep small children entertained for a 4 or 5-hour drive without being distracted then you are truly talented and should write about your experience :like: Once they are older, especially these days, the trick is to get them to take off the earbuds and put down their phones. But that is a different topic.

Jasper4S

First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s ST
Country flag
With the summer coming I had the same question. I ended up with a DIY ipad holder.

Porsche Taycan iPad Holder for Rear Passanger IMG_0857

Porsche Taycan iPad Holder for Rear Passanger IMG_0856

Porsche Taycan iPad Holder for Rear Passanger IMG_0855