Just got a Transmission fault warning. Anybody know what it is?

OP
OP
f1eng

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Interesting that they had no trace of the fault in the logs.

Out of curiosity, did you switch off and lock the car when you arrived at the dealer?

I had a lot of trouble during 2022 and every time I v]came to the dealer there was no trace of anything. Then once when I had all the faults in the display I arrived but did not switch off the car or lock it. The technician took readings directly and sent to Germany and that helped and solved my issues. Once the car was switched off all faults had cleared. So poor sw engineering
The fault cleard itself en-route to the dealer, so even though it showed on the dash and PCM multiple times in the 4 weeks waiting for the garage appointment by the time I got both the warning page and the fault in the PCM had gone.

I had intended not to switch the car off when I arrived so they could see and check the messages, but they had gone en-route.
Sponsored

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
The dealer visit wasn’t totally fruitless, at least the vacuum cup is still available
IMG_0255.jpeg
in Mamba green!
I need to find one of those. I have one in Python Green and it’s just not the same.

Vercingetorix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
The dealer visit wasn’t totally fruitless, at least the vacuum cup is still available
IMG_0255.jpeg
in Mamba green!
I hope that came full of Porsche coffee. Loading up on free coffee and food is how I am eventually going to get my money back from Porsche.

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
So the service department's response was, everything looks ok now, go away?
Nothing about what conditions could cause the errors and the behaviors you saw, research with Porsche Germany, etc?
Just a temporary glitch that lasted since a month since July 6?
And, if it happens again, wait a month for us to work you in and bring it back in....
Ugh.

OP
OP
f1eng

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
So the service department's response was, everything looks ok now, go away?
Not as blunt as that.
They did time going through logged faults in the control units, they took it for a test drive and checked the clutches in the transmission.
They didn't find anything which may explain the fault.
They did ask me to photograph the display if iit happened again so I told them I already had at the beginning and sent then the photo.

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
I am old enough to have seen the 917 "in the flesh"!
Oh that would have been amazing! For me, just seen it at the museum – but it is by far my favourite exhibit.

Porsche Taycan Just got a Transmission fault warning. Anybody know what it is? IMG_3912
Sponsored