mod72346

First Name
Mod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S 2021
Country flag
On the day I was driving to a scheduled Porsche service, I got a bunch of random headlight fault messages, and a "Power button error, service necessary" that persisted till I got to the dealership. They had my car for 2 weeks now, and just told me they can't figure out what's wrong or how to get rid of this message. They are keeping the car for now. Does anyone know what it could be about?

Porsche Taycan Power Button Error, what is it? 20221116_190234
Sponsored

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
(not helpful but) this is the digital-age version of a faulty ignition lock cylinder.

I'm surprised they can't diagnose it with PiWiS, or that they haven't tried throwing parts at the problem.

submatrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
Unless it keeps coming back, that message looks like it can be dismissed simply by pressing the "return" button on the steering wheel.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
On the day I was driving to a scheduled Porsche service, I got a bunch of random headlight fault messages, and a "Power button error, service necessary" that persisted till I got to the dealership. They had my car for 2 weeks now, and just told me they can't figure out what's wrong or how to get rid of this message. They are keeping the car for now. Does anyone know what it could be about?

20221116_190234.jpg
Random I think.

Cancel by pressing the return / escape button on the steering wheel.

Suspect if you lock the car and leave it for 30 mins and try again the message won't reappear.

Some while back I think there may have been a campaign to address this (I may be wrong).