Larger mud guards recommendations for the Taycan?

Tino82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I've put my car in to get a PPF wrap undertaken this week, but due to driving over recently resurfaced roads, they can't wrap the lower sides of the car due to chipping of the paint on the lower sides of the doors. To stop this getting any worse, can anyone recommend larger mud guards for the Taycan?
Sponsored

Deleted member 6348

I had my door lowers wrapped right away, because my SA warned me what happens to the door lowers on his own Taycan.

If yours are already chipped, you can have the installer do touch-up paint before applying PPF. The result will look clean. The touch-up paint will likely come off with the PPF some day, but at least, you’ll restore the appearance and protect the rest.

OP
OP
Tino82

Tino82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I had my door lowers wrapped right away, because my SA warned me what happens to the door lowers on his own Taycan.

If yours are already chipped, you can have the installer do touch-up paint before applying PPF. The result will look clean. The touch-up paint will likely come off with the PPF some day, but at least, you’ll restore the appearance and protect the rest.
Thanks
He's doing that to the front of the car but he said the sides are too bad to touch up! I've only had the car since June too.

icedup51

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S MY22 and Abarth 595 Trofero:
Country flag
Thanks
He's doing that to the front of the car but he said the sides are too bad to touch up! I've only had the car since June too.
Is it not worth getting the lower doors resprayed then wrapped. I originally had the track pack PPF, which did the lower doors. Have since had the whole car wrapped good thing about that is theres no line where the wrap ends on the doors.

OP
OP
Tino82

Tino82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Is it not worth getting the lower doors resprayed then wrapped. I originally had the track pack PPF, which did the lower doors. Have since had the whole car wrapped good thing about that is theres no line where the wrap ends on the doors.
I've asked him if this is an option too. What kind of price would I be looking at to respray the doors though? Don't want to spend a fortune but I also don't want the side of my car to become more scratched!

icedup51

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S MY22 and Abarth 595 Trofero:
Country flag
I've asked him if this is an option too. What kind of price would I be looking at to respray the doors though? Don't want to spend a fortune but I also don't want the side of my car to become more scratched!
Ask the guy who's doing the PPF, he will probably have a contact he uses.