dcpetri

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo, 2015 Cayenne, 2014 Panamera
Country flag
I can't find anything in the PCM that will show what Porsche called Route List in previous models. Route List gives a list of every road and turn that has been calculated for the destination, which is a nice list to review before you start a trip. For an EV, it would also show planned charging locations.

It appears that for some reason Porsche has eliminated Route List (as well as Traffic Messages) in the Taycan. I can't find it in Porsche Connect either.

I hope it's there and I just missed it. Any thoughts out there?
Sponsored

TC Fan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
I can't find anything in the PCM that will show what Porsche called Route List in previous models. Route List gives a list of every road and turn that has been calculated for the destination, which is a nice list to review before you start a trip. For an EV, it would also show planned charging locations.

It appears that for some reason Porsche has eliminated Route List (as well as Traffic Messages) in the Taycan. I can't find it in Porsche Connect either.

I think you may be looking at the Intelligent Range Manager as an option, but I'm not 100% sure.

OP
OP

dcpetri

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks for your reply. I think you're correct in the sense that PIRM contributes range and charging info to the navigation calculations, but I don't believe it provides a list of roads. I'm looking for an old-school list of roads and turns that shows how we will get there. That's what Route List does in earlier Porsches...it's as if you plotted out your route on an old-fashioned paper map, then listed each road and turn that will get you there. That List is what I'm looking for, either in PCM or Connect.

MLD

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I posted this same question a couple of weeks ago and it appears that there is no way to get this information. I'll check the box to watch this thread in case somebody comes up with a path to that end.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag

Do you mean route overview i.e. a list of directions?

If so, this is available and has nothing to do with PIRM. Simply enter your destination, start, click sub menu "..." and select route overview.

Traffic messages are also available (in UK for sure). Refer to Porsche Good to Know App for full details.
Porsche Taycan Navigation Route List Screenshot_20210502-172206_Porsche Good to know

MLD

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I think both dcpetri and I are looking for the detailed turn-by-turn directions that we can expect in the trip and not the overview. I can see the overview by selecting the "..." in the display corner and that will give me the overall view. The side window that you showed will also display the traffic delays. All good so far. However, if I wanted to know whether the NAV system has selected to go via road XXX rather than take highway YY, I don't see how to make that visible before leaving. I can zoom into the window and try to figure it out but that's what I'm seeking to avoid by just reviewing what path the NAV system has selected for the trip.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Understood. I have seen route options appear where there is a choice but not sure what determines that. I thought route overview would provide the turn by turn list but obviously not if you've checked.

OP
OP

dcpetri

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Understood. I have seen route options appear where there is a choice but not sure what determines that. I thought route overview would provide the turn by turn list but obviously not if you've checked.

OP
OP

dcpetri

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
MLD's description of what he is looking for is exactly what I am looking for. For anyone who has other (older) Porsches, the Route List is easily available when Navigation is activated. It is the second choice (after Traffic Messages) available through the INFO button. I can't be sure it is on all models in all years, but it is available on my 2014 Panamera and 2015 Cayenne, and I use it frequently.

For those, like me and MLD, who want to be able to see the planned route laid out for them, I have a solution that does not involve using Porsche Navigation. Instead, I now use Google Maps, which integrates nicely with the PCM through Apple CarPlay: Use the phone to identify the destination, select Directions, then select the box at the bottom of the screen showing arrival time etc. Next select Details, and the list of roads, turns and distances will appear on the phone. I don't think it can be made to appear on the car display, but having it on the phone meets my needs.

I am glad to hear other people were interested in finding this Navigation information. I hope this solution works for you.
Sponsored