New Mission E Design Wheel

MissionE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Turbo
Country flag
Porsche Taycan New Mission E Design Wheel 4D0993F9-46A9-435F-919F-C01DDD376A3E

Really like this new take on the Mission E wheel; and the fact that they still offer this as a nod to the original concept car.
Sponsored

Jasper4S

First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s ST
Country flag
As with most things Porsche, they have to been seen in person.
I learned that on Tinder too back in the days 😂

On topic: it is strange, my first thought last week was that these new ones are pretty ugly. But the photos of them on Porsches website (real photos, not configurator) changed my mind. On the Turbo S they are available in neodime. In one. word; wow. Probably will look beautiful in other colors too, but not that many real photos available right now.

Porsche needs to update the configurator, all options look awful and cartoonish. I think it is bad rendering rather than ugly options. Time will tell…

OP
OP
MissionE

MissionE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Turbo
Country flag
Porsche needs to update the configurator, all options look awful and cartoonish. I think it is bad rendering rather than ugly options.
I felt that way until I discovered 3D mode. Light years ahead. It puts everything in true perspective; something the 2D site can’t pull off.

Last edited:

Avantgarde

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Taycan RWD PB+, 21' X5 Xdrive45e, 09' Cayman
Country flag
The new Mission E wheels are exactly how a Chinese counterfeit of the original Mission E wheels would look like.

I can see them looking good on this one:
Porsche Taycan New Mission E Design Wheel IMG_0514

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Macan GTS, 23 Taycan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo,
Country flag
May be better looking in person but the original idea was to have very thin spokes and the actual white rim element folding inwards to give them this 3D amazing look at any angle. The new executions is far from the original in that particular theme. The other test we can all make is that for me, I cannot stop looking at the look of the original wheels below and I get uncomfortable looking at the look of the new wheels. Then another thought is how embellished the new wheels will look in the augmented 3D Surround View in the PCM.

Porsche Taycan New Mission E Design Wheel 1707580472646

johnarpy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I have the mission e wheels and it looks like they’ve changed them. The rim section is wider on the 2025 and the valve stem is gone. The old ones look more sporty although this may just be the photos.

Tsingtao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toucan RWD
Country flag
Taste is different for all of us luckily!

I think they are super ugly! Remind me of a rescue swim aid

IMG_1948.jpeg
Couldn't agree more. Too soon to tell why Porsche inflated the Mission E's, my fear is that they did so to accommodate what appear to be cheesy aerodynamic inserts.

Porsche Taycan New Mission E Design Wheel Screen Shot 2024-03-10 at 12.03.31 PM

Tsingtao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toucan RWD
Country flag
The new Mission E wheels are exactly how a Chinese counterfeit of the original Mission E wheels would look like.

I can see them looking good on this one:
IMG_0514.jpeg
I can also see them looking good on the Geely Emeya (which is trying very hard to look like a Taycan without looking like it is trying to look like a Taycan).