New RWD Order + Questions about PVTS+ / Connect

QA4A

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A4, Taycan (ordered)
Country flag
Hi everyone, I have just ordered a Taycan RWD in Neptune Blue through my employer and their fleet managament company. I have been given an early estimate of 2022 for delivery and they say they won't know any more until the order is processed by Porsche and assigned a build slot. I absolutely love the design of the Taycan and I think this is going to feel like the longest wait of my life! I wasn't allowed to test drive it myself due to insurance and my age so in excitement and to pass the time I want to join the community and read up on all the features so I have an idea when it is (eventually) delivered.

One thing that is confusing and concerning me is setting up Porsche Connect and PVTS. I know a dealer has to setup PVTS but when I enquired about this with the fleet management company they state that the car has to be delivered to me, I can't pick it up from a dealer. Presumably then I will need to make an appointment at a dealership after delivery to activate the system?

This leads to another confusing point of how to log into the PCM with a Porsche Connect account. I can make a connect account online but as it was not initiated by the dealer no vehicles are showing. It has an option to add a vehicle using it's VIN so would it just be a case of doing that and then logging in through the PCM to link the app? I assume when I get the car it will just be set up under the guest profile.

I understand that not many of you will have the issues I describe as you will have ordered yours through a dealer but I am just trying to understand how the set-up would normally occur. I have tried speaking to the Fleet Management company but they are clueless as they offer many different vehicles and calling my nearest Porsche dealer hasn't been very helpful either so far.

Thanks everyone!

Porsche Taycan New RWD Order + Questions about PVTS+ / Connect Neptune
Sponsored

Last edited: