Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
To those fellow forum users who may not screen for this routinely: a new version (4.3.1 "minor fixes and improvements") of the Porsche Connect app became available for iPhone/iOS. I have not been able to check it for Android. Beware, this message is not intended in any way as an endorsement of the Porsche Connect app. Personally, I do not use it because of 1) its limited functionality, and 2) its association with major mishaps such as the 12V battery issue.
Sponsored

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I tried the new version today. Car not plugged into charger, just in the garage. I added a departure timer for cabin pre-heat. Worked like a champ. That said, I did not notice anything different so improvements might be under the hood.

I believe the 12V issues caused by the app are limited to using the app (or the website) to change the active charging profiles or timer while the car is connected to the charger. There might be other issues with specific chargers causing the 12V issue independent of the app, but as far as app usage goes, I think you are safe by avoiding changing charging settings while connected.

Limited functionality for MY2020 owners - yup. Looking forward to an update that hopefully adds functionality.