• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

New to Macan - but not EV's or Porsche - Taycan swap for Macan Turbo

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag

JayGT4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT4 / Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Sorry to hear you'll be parting ways with the Taycan because your posts have been some of the most helpful I've read during my ownership, but so glad to see you'll be buying a Macan EV and posting here. 🙌

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
iX M60, C8 Z06
Country flag
So glad you will be posting here. I look forward to your continued major contributions to Porsche EV’s, though now here with your upcoming Macan.

Would you please share its configuration (am configuring mine and always want to learn)?

TU!

OP
OP
daveo4EV

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
OMG - I'm weak and pathetic - I just check all the boxes to avoid buyer's remorse/regret…there is nothing to optimize here…get it they way you want it - and porsche has avoided some "pitfalls" from Taycan - no longer need to argue about the 400V/150 kW "booster" that was optional and no "optional" 19.2 kW fast charging option which is mostly pointless in North America - but yeah I'll post my build code - but honestly I don't see a lot to 'learn' - the eMobility section for Macan is far less treacherous/complex and the rest is the same as it ever was for any type of car.

PRBSJQM0

Last edited:
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
iX M60, C8 Z06
Country flag
Thank you but as I am a Porsche newbie (but fairly sports car and EV smart), please is there a place to put in the configurator code to decode it? TU.

OP
OP
daveo4EV

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
iX M60, C8 Z06
Country flag
Bookmarked it. Thank you. I am also going through your chosen options — and already will be making a couple of changes as a result (though not ordering for a while).

OP
OP
daveo4EV

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Bookmarked it. Thank you. I am also going through your chosen options — and already will be making a couple of changes as a result (though not ordering for a while).
don't leave us hanging - what changes did you make?

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
iX M60, C8 Z06
Country flag
After seeing your decisions (again thanks for showing us how) , we changed the Sports Chrono option to the related Compass on dash — for it has both the clock and the altitude my wife and I both like. Traveling a good amount in the mountains, altitude ready visible will be a nice plus for us.

The primary three three options you chose and we also had front were the Gentian Blue, the 14 way seats, and Limestone/Black leather interior. As a result of seeing your matching Limestone Beige seat belts, our second change was to add them in.

Still debating about which wheels. As we rarely have rear passengers, leaving our rear window sunshades.

Again we are year out so we are just having fun (no decisions yet have consequences for us — though they will later of course).

OP
OP
daveo4EV

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
we love our compass in our Cayenne eHybrid - and wife loves the altitude for some reason

NOTE: compass and altitude can be shown in _ALL_ Porsche's digitally on the navigation screen - and on the main screen or passenger screen in my 2020 Taycan…but we both like the "physical" display - I'll assume if you have the passenger screen you'll have the same features I have in my existing 2020 Taycan Turbo in terms of information than can be displayed

matching seat belts to interior is always a nice touch…

I am choosing to go with the default wheels since they do not look horrible (in the configurator) - and they are probably the most efficient in terms of EV range (20" wheels and aero-efficient wheel spoke design) - being a long time EV owners= - wheels and tires make HUGE difference in actual range - and I'm unwilling to pay Porsche's asking price for any of the 'better looking" options - and besides the range is going to be best with the defaults - we'll see how this turns out for me.

I option the rear sun shades not for passengers - but for cabin temperature control both while driving and parked in the sun on hot days - it makes a noticeable difference in cabin temperature when I close both the pano-shade and rear window shades while parked and away from the car - or even while parked an remaining in the car

also on a trivial basis this also improved range in that you'll use less battery power for the HAVC system to "re-cool" the vehicle to the desired temperature once you're back on the road - although I refuse to allow you to debate this with me as to how factually true this is and if it makes a difference :cool::rock::giggle:

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
iX M60, C8 Z06
Country flag
Yep. Heat gaining access is insidious, but as we live in the cooler Pacific Northwest we have a lot less hot sunny days to deal with than you and most do. Nevertheless, we will have ceramic (heat rejecting) privacy glass installed on the front door windows — as we do on every one of our vehicles.. We also will (as of now) get the thermal/acoustic glass option that goes with the standard rear door and rear privacy glass. However as a result of your post, I will re-consider adding in the rear window shades. TU.

You are smart to choose the wheels you have selected. We are still not sure. We might again go nuts, for just as we splurged for the visible carbon fiber wheels on our C8 Z06, the Macan’s 22” carbon fiber wheel option is still trying to pull us in (another advantage of having another full year to save up for it before purchasing). But smart money is the 20” wheels you have selected.

OP
OP
daveo4EV

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yep. Heat gaining access is insidious, but as we live in the cooler Pacific Northwest we have a lot less hot sunny days to deal with than you and most do. Nevertheless, we will have ceramic (heat rejecting) privacy glass installed on the front door windows — as we do on every one of our vehicles.. We also will (as of now) get the thermal/acoustic glass option that goes with the standard rear door and rear privacy glass. However as a result of your post, I will re-consider adding in the rear window shades. TU.

You are smart to choose the wheels you have selected. We are still not sure. We might again go nuts, for just as we splurged for the visible carbon fiber wheels on our C8 Z06, the Macan’s 22” carbon fiber wheel option is still trying to pull us in (another advantage of having another full year to save up for it before purchasing). But smart money is the 20” wheels you have selected.
the "mission E" wheels on my 2020 Taycan look so good that it overwhelmed my "smart" instincts and I ignored the range impact and went for the super sexy wheels - I have no regrets and my Mission-e wheels on my 2020 Taycan look awesome - range be dammed - and the hit is significant

none of the wheel options on the Macan for me personally overwhelm my "range concern" - so I'm going to try the 'base' wheels for the first time in many many Porsche orders…again this is an experiment for me…

in my experience the mission-e wheels on the Taycan are a 5-7% hit on range
and from my personal experience summer tires vs. all seasons EV tires were a 15% hit on range (with the Goodyear eagle summer grippy tires making my Taycan a 210 mile range vehicle down from 250-270 mile vehicle with the all season tires)…

also "bigger" tires have a great hit on range in general - with smaller tires having better range behavior…this is a general truism - until Macan's are in the wild with a wide range of empirical data we won't know for sure what the exact cost is.

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
iX M60, C8 Z06
Country flag
All makes sense to me, especially your last sentence that we need a whole bunch more data. We saw one of the Macan EV’s go a touch over 300 miles with 22”’s (think it was a Macan 4) but that was far from a real test meeting your, mine, nor others’ standards.

We put Michelin PS A/S 4’s on our iX M60 and it clearly cost 0.1 km/mile but not yet sure whether it cost twice that. That safety was/is worth it for it came only with summer perf tires and for example we have had some snow 4 of the last 5 days.

Last edited:

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium 4X, ready for the Macan EV Turbo
Country flag
We saw one of the Macan EV’s go a touch over 300 miles with 22”’s (think it was a Macan 4) but that was far from a real test meeting your, mine, nor others’ standards.
Could you please share this range test you’re referring to? The ones I can think of (Edmunds/OutOfSpec) were performed on 20”.

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
iX M60, C8 Z06
Country flag
I will look for it. There were more than those two media tests. The two we see most quoted are those two you specifically mentioned.

At the same time I am now questioning myself for with the Taycan and the Macan sort of range tests time-wise not too being far apart from each other, I might be mistaken. I will certainly look hard. Like all who are remotely considering 22“w/t’s, especially with the turbo version, we are all hopeful. When all is said and done and we get those real range tests later, if the combo of the Turbo and even the best 22” ones results in less than 300miles, I will be bummed — and would seriously reconsider abandoning my considering getting 22”’s.

I believe I saw somewhere someone post that the configurator for Belgium listed mileage with different sizes tires and wheels. I looked for it but not smart enough to find it. Anyone hopefully?

Last edited: