OP
thecoloradokid

thecoloradokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan CT4s + 2023 Rivian R1T
Country flag
Great write up and information. I frequently drive those same areas and am glad to hear that new route through Payson and Show Low worked out. I've been watching the updates on those chargers coming on line and looking forward to using them soon.

Now that the high speed charges are live in Socorro and Truth or Consequences, I am looking forward to diving conveniently south of Albuquerque on I-25 again.

When I have a little more time to burn, my next drive back from Scottsdale to Denver will be via Show Low heading to Socorro. It has been a while since I stopped by to see the Very Large Array set up. It is one of my favorite places to see in the Southwest - kind of like being in an episode of the X-Files when I stop there. I spent a couple of great afternoons when I still rode BMW adventure bikes farting all around the grounds.

It is 200 miles from Show Low to Socorro with a 2,000ft elevation drop, so as long as you keep the speed under control, charge to 95% or 100% in Show Low, a Taycan should be able to make that distance.

Porsche Taycan Phoenix to Denver in 15 hours - covered 855 miles/ 1,368km    no charging issues IMG_5339.JPG
Sponsored