PCASSOO

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan
Country flag
I actually Rep for a Company that does Ceramic. I was informed and did it to my own car after I installed the PPF.
It's not supposed to hurt the PPF.
I also applied it to my windshield and Panaramic Roof.
It Helps in getting rock chips and cracks in the windshield. You have to apply more frequently because the glass is not as porous as the paint.
I'm also looking into doing the Film designed for the Windshield. If I find it to be good I'm also going to get it for my roof.
Sponsored

Tesla2Taycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S P85 + Taycan GTS
Country flag
I actually Rep for a Company that does Ceramic. I was informed and did it to my own car after I installed the PPF.
It's not supposed to hurt the PPF.
I also applied it to my windshield and Panaramic Roof.
It Helps in getting rock chips and cracks in the windshield. You have to apply more frequently because the glass is not as porous as the paint.
I'm also looking into doing the Film designed for the Windshield. If I find it to be good I'm also going to get it for my roof.
My PPF guy said he would not install a film designed for the windshield (to protect it from cracks) because it could be a hazard in the event of a crash as rescuers might not be able to get in thru the windshield.
Something to keep in mind unless … this film you’re talking about has been designed to work well for the above mentioned scenario, which I would be interested in getting myself. So please do share if that is the case.

most_vexing_parse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
e-tron, Porsche Taycan GTS, Macan Turbo (order)
Country flag
Oh wow! Those colors look quite different IRL vs the configurator. Beautiful car BTW. Thanks for sharing.

The one color I was disappointed by was the carmine red(?) seat belts I paid for. I was hoping they’d be more red like the configurator showed me, but in reality they are a dark subdued wine red. 😞
Are you sure you got the Carmine Red seat belts, and instead maybe got the Bordeaux Red seat belts? I don't think(?) there is an option for Carmine Red seat belts unless you get a GTS with the GTS Interior Package in Carmine Red.

Tesla2Taycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S P85 + Taycan GTS
Country flag
Are you sure you got the Carmine Red seat belts, and instead maybe got the Bordeaux Red seat belts? I don't think(?) there is an option for Carmine Red seat belts unless you get a GTS with the GTS Interior Package in Carmine Red.
Good point and you’re right. I actually didn’t get the carmine red because I didn’t get GTS interior package. I got the Bordeaux red and the belt is the color of red wine which makes sense
Sponsored