[PPF] XPEL Stealth vs STEK dynoMatte

KoSoVaR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X Performance, M5 Comp
Country flag
I’m looking for some opinions, experiences, and some data around XPEL Stealth vs STEK dynoMatte. Which is better and why?

I’m taking delivery of my Neptune blue GTS ST next weekend and taking it straight to PPF + ceramic. I think I’m set on the matte look with either of these two great products.

My understanding thus far is that the STEK dynoMatte has hydrophobic properties and doesn’t need a ceramic coat applied after while XPEL should have a ceramic coating. That’s about it..

Anyone willing to share region and approximate price installed for either of these products?
Sponsored

tayCanadian

First Name
Amit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Cayenne Coupe E-Hybrid (RIP), 2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Dang , no replies here ?

was interested in reading more, even tho i know you went with xpel. What made you pick it over stek?

I'm between xpel stealth and prestige satin guard. Probably end up with xpel simply because prestige customer service is so bad they won't even reply to sales calls/emails.

Kevin1789

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan
Country flag
Dang , no replies here ?

was interested in reading more, even tho i know you went with xpel. What made you pick it over stek?

I'm between xpel stealth and prestige satin guard. Probably end up with xpel simply because prestige customer service is so bad they won't even reply to sales calls/emails.
Did you install your PPF yet?

If not, highly recommend choosing XPEL stealth over Satinguard. Got full body stealth, ceramic coating inside & out + ceramic tints & windshield film. Installed Satinguard & regret it -it's poor quality film in comparison & keeps lifting around corners, etc. I got a stone chip & it went right through the film & damaged the paint.

My buddy has XPEL stealth on his car & both our cars look exactly the same. XPEL stealth was a cheaper option. If anything, his looked slightly better (a slightly darker appearance). Just be sure to get a coating as well as it makes the PPF look better. Could've saved a few bucks $$ - & got a better performing film. It is what it is I guess

XPEL has been around for years & has a better reputation. Really regret getting satin guard

tayCanadian

First Name
Amit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Cayenne Coupe E-Hybrid (RIP), 2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
wow, sorry to hear this and thank you for letting me know. i was going to go with Xpel anyway because i can't even get Satin Guard here and Prestige Films customer service/sales is none existent. The sales guy doesn't even write back, so i guess im lucky either way. install will start on Jan 3 (tuesday). im doing the ceramic coating, got ceramic tints and doing windshield protection too. you can follow me on IG @stealthtaycangts to see the progress if you like.

Do you have any photos of your car w/ ppf?

Kevin1789

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan
Country flag
wow, sorry to hear this and thank you for letting me know. i was going to go with Xpel anyway because i can't even get Satin Guard here and Prestige Films customer service/sales is none existent. The sales guy doesn't even write back, so i guess im lucky either way. install will start on Jan 3 (tuesday). im doing the ceramic coating, got ceramic tints and doing windshield protection too. you can follow me on IG @stealthtaycangts to see the progress if you like.

Do you have any photos of your car w/ ppf?
Definitely lucky. If I can go back in time & get XPEL I would.

Gonna give you a follow on IG!

Clod Reed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Neptune blue Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
just had full Xpel ultimate on my Neptune blue GTS ST….and it’s absolutely perfect ….also had it on previous porsche …saved the paint work on numerous occasions…can’t recommend it enough 😉

OP
OP

KoSoVaR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X Performance, M5 Comp
Country flag
just had full Xpel ultimate on my Neptune blue GTS ST….and it’s absolutely perfect ….also had it on previous porsche …saved the paint work on numerous occasions…can’t recommend it enough 😉
Did I miss something here !?! When did you take delivery?