Novemberwhisky

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST Crayon.
Country flag
Ordered a GTS ST today. From another post ive read here, i seem to remember collection from Stuttgart was available again post Covid suspension. Dealer told me its still not an option. Anybody have any luck or news of when it might be available?
thanks.
Sponsored

mcdermottm

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MB EQE SUV 350+, ‘23 Taycan RWD coming soon
Country flag
I noticed it's available for a 911 but not for a Taycan in the US market.

OP
OP
Novemberwhisky

Novemberwhisky

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST Crayon.
Country flag
I must be missing something, but how does a US customer collect from Stuttgart and drive home? Do you not get a bit wet?

mcdermottm

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I must be missing something, but how does a US customer collect from Stuttgart and drive home? Do you not get a bit wet?
Valid question. 😆 I think you take delivery and have it for a few days to drive around Germany and then bring it back to the factory and they ship it. BMW does it (or used to, anyway), too.

mcdermottm

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
We also have the PCNA delivery experience available in Atlanta and LA.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Valid question. 😆 I think you take delivery and have it for a few days to drive around Germany and then bring it back to the factory and they ship it. BMW does it (or used to, anyway), too.
That's European Delivery Program (you can actually pick it up at the factory and drop it off at the departing port). HOWEVER, US Taycan is explicitly excluded from European delivery program. It might have to do with different charging ports, though that should be solvable via an adapter, so either the adapter is beyond the design capabilities of Porsche engineers, or it's just not worth it financially.

maximumpanda

First Name
steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
na
Country flag
In the UK, I’m told its an absolute no-go to pickup in stuttgart. It’s a shame because I‘m actually going to be near stuttgart when my car is supposed to come off the assembly line, but the dealership was adamant that it needs to be shipped to them first.
Sponsored