PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
Is there anywhere in the PCM or the car where I can see the software version? Also, I get the "Map Updated" message on occasion when I get in the car, but is there a place to see what new updates were applied?

When I check the Updates on the car, it always says uptodate.
Sponsored

gdavison

First Name
Graeme
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne E-Hybrid, Boxster GTS
Country flag
Is there anywhere in the PCM or the car where I can see the software version? Also, I get the "Map Updated" message on occasion when I get in the car, but is there a place to see what new updates were applied?

When I check the Updates on the car, it always says uptodate.
Settings > System > Software Information > Version Info

Lists all the SW Package version numbers, however Porsche have never produced release notes showing what has changed / been updated in a version

OP
OP
PDACPA

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Settings > System > Software Information > Version Info

Lists all the SW Package version numbers, however Porsche have never produced release notes showing what has changed / been updated in a version
Thanks! Will it say infotainment update? or will I just see the current version. My radio/carplay has recently started with issues and have a feeling some update happened causing it.

Windpower

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, BMW X3, Taycan RWD Coffee
Country flag
My radio/carplay has recently started with issues and have a feeling some update happened causing it.
What are you seeing with CarPlay? I lost this for a day about a week ago and I have no idea why it disappeared or why it came back.

gdavison

First Name
Graeme
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne E-Hybrid, Boxster GTS
Country flag
Sorry dont know that answer :blush: my Taycan is due for delivery in Jan 2023 .. I remember the display re SW versions from playing with the online PCM simulator and also where the same info is my current Cayenne eHybrid

OP
OP
PDACPA

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
What are you seeing with CarPlay? I lost this for a day about a week ago and I have no idea why it disappeared or why it came back.
I get in my car. The radio plays the last channel it was on. I hit the Favorites (to change the channel) and the screen is blank. After maybe 30 second (it varies) the music stops playing as CarPlay has made its connection. Sometimes the PCM goes to the CarPlay screen (usually my Spotify) other times sits on the Favorites that are not showing. If I hit the home icon on the left, then I see CarPlay on the top row far right and select it. Ends up on that Spotify screen. I select the white triangle to play the Spotify song and still no music. Phone will show that the song is playing, but the car does not allow it to play. Sometimes I have to go off the CarPlay screen and come back to get it to play. Other times, it will eventually play. The radio favorites eventually show up.

If I turn off bluetooth (disconnecting my phone) radio plays and the Favorites come back fairly quickly.

I think there is a fight between the PCM and CarPlay as to who gets first place and control and neither plays.

That being said, there is some issue in the Media getting the list of radio channels. Either to populate the Favorites or just the full list (I tested this by turning off bluetooth before I got in the car).

This issue started about a week ago. Prior to that, radio played, favorites populated, and when CarPlay connected it always switched to that screen. I would have to hit the top right (looks like wifi signal sideways) 2x to get to my last song, but then it would play.

Windpower

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, BMW X3, Taycan RWD Coffee
Country flag
there is some issue in the Media getting the list of radio channels. Either to populate the Favorites or just the full list (I tested this by turning off bluetooth before I got in the car).
I'll keep an eye out for this. If this happens, I'll see if I can make a video of the PCM screen and post it here. Question: when you say "list of radio channels", are these FM radio stations? Or are these streaming channels through your phone?

OP
OP
PDACPA

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'll keep an eye out for this. If this happens, I'll see if I can make a video of the PCM screen and post it here. Question: when you say "list of radio channels", are these FM radio stations? Or are these streaming channels through your phone?
Hit the Media icon on the pcm or the lower screen. Third item on the top row says favorites. That has my FM channels and my SirusXm channels listed.
Sponsored