Taycan almost fully charged in 20 minutes

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag

1% to 80% in 20 minutes - not bad, huh?

But those are just a bunch of meaningless numbers, so let's put it into context, huh?

You're on a long drive from the UK to Scotland (if the Taycan has the range to do this it has the range to just about anything). You're low on range. You go to plug in the car.

You have some lunch as well, by the time you're done, your car's fully charged, you continue with your journey.

Or you're driving to London, you park somewhere with a electric car charging port, by the time you're ready to come back your car's fully charged.

Put into context, it's insane. Almost as easy and convenient as a petrol car. And bear in mind that within the next 10 years when the Taycan sees its second generation, these charging ports will be everywhere. Small journeys in this would be as convenient as they would any petrol car, and even larger journeys are fairly doable.
Sponsored

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Almost as easy and convenient as a petrol car. And bear in mind that within the next 10 years when the Taycan sees its second generation, these charging ports will be everywhere. Small journeys in this would be as convenient as they would any petrol car, and even larger journeys are fairly doable.
Once the 350kW charging network is even more mature, it IS as convenient in my opinion. I need a break every 2-3 hours driving particularly on the fast Autobahn. Stopping for 20 min is often not enough time to buy coffee/snack and hit the loo. I imagine the situation, where you have to rush to get back to your Taycan to stop charging (Easily setting charging limit? Taycan app from Prosche available?) since you want to hit your next stop with the right amount of charge for super fast charging... Love EVs, real fun!