Taycan as a family vehicle

RG2020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Golf R Estate, Golf VR6, Corrado VR6
Country flag
Just barely after I got the car, I got my wife pregnant with number 2, so I am following this thread very closely. :CWL:
Must be a theme here as we’re in the same situation!

Maybe everyone who thinks the COVID vaccine will sterilise us all, should buy Taycans instead

oalsaker

First Name
Øystein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon Taycan 4s
Country flag
When looking at a friends taycan the rear base seat seems to be very angled down, as you can see in your pic. Did this cause any issues with the baby seat?
I had some trouble getting our booster seat in, at least. I had to pull the isofix anchors out as far as they could go and then it worked. The larger child seat we had for my daughter before was easier to get in.

Maybe everyone who thinks the COVID vaccine will sterilise us all, should buy Taycans instead
If that vaccine will sterilize me, I will definitely be first in line!

4SJB

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4SCT Mini Cooper S Audi A4 3.0 TDI
Country flag
I hope there isn’t a link with getting a Taycan and your wife getting pregnant!
I am 55 and already have 3 children. I am just coming out of 30 years of paying for them and not treating myself!

oalsaker

First Name
Øystein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon Taycan 4s
Country flag
I had a discussion with my wife before ordering the car where I said that I would never have done this if we had two kids. Famous last words, that.

Martinl

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
I had the car full on Saturday. 2 adults and 3 kids (all the kids 7 years old). Plenty of space and nobody complained.

Chris 911

First Name
Christoffer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo S, Panamera Turbo-S ST, 971 Spyder, 964 C2, BMW i3S
Country flag
Seems like it’s worked out well. I’ve not got mine yet but will be putting a booster seat in the back for a 5 year old. When looking at a friends taycan the rear base seat seems to be very angled down, as you can see in your pic. Did this cause any issues with the baby seat?
I was wondering the same about the angle of the baby seat. I have a 1.5 year old and another on the way. I have a Panamera TSEHST, and the rear seats have an angle that makes a rearward facing child seat too angled (the baby’s head falls forward if she falls asleep)
I got my Taycan, and looking for a child seat that will work for both the Panamera and the Taycan. The Panamera will be the road trip ride, and the Panamera dad’s daily, but always good to have the ability to carry the whole family for shorter trips from time to time.

for both a dog and child(s), I would opt for the Cross turismo / sport turismo, as it will most likely have lots more room (and safer fo the dog)
Sponsored