Taycan: UK - Plug in Grant Eligibility Query

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (soon), Etron Launch edition (soon) EX 911 Targa 4s and Cayenne hybrid (2010)
Country flag
Haven’t confirmed my order as yet as passed on the January build slot I was offered (have paid full deposit already though).... need to call in to dealer again in the New Year; a March or April build slot would work well for me..... I’m pretty settled on my spec myself

I looked at e-tron and I-pace and was really surprised how expensive the insurance was, agree Taycan won’t be cheaper than either of those :CWL:
my advise for what it’s worth is try and get your build slot confirmed ASAP, as if predicted the demo and show room cars appear in January then the demand will go up and it could poss be 2021 before some will see cars!
I’m being told by my dealership (and others I’ve spoken too) that NO uk dealerships know what build slot allocation they Will be getting after Feb!
My dealer has made an assumption on what they will get (should know by end of Jan) and expects me to be April/May build so June/July delivery
Which suits me as I’ll be getting the Etron (could be Ipace or Model X) in May

I’m not too bothered if my Taycan was Aug,Sept or October
Sponsored

JC Mann

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayman S, Tesla Model S
Country flag
my advise for what it’s worth is try and get your build slot confirmed ASAP, as if predicted the demo and show room cars appear in January then the demand will go up and it could poss be 2021 before some will see cars!
I’m being told by my dealership (and others I’ve spoken too) that NO uk dealerships know what build slot allocation they Will be getting after Feb!
My dealer has made an assumption on what they will get (should know by end of Jan) and expects me to be April/May build so June/July delivery
Which suits me as I’ll be getting the Etron (could be Ipace or Model X) in May

I’m not too bothered if my Taycan was Aug,Sept or October
Don’t forget that more options should be available after June. Double Bubble roof, for example.

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (soon), Etron Launch edition (soon) EX 911 Targa 4s and Cayenne hybrid (2010)
Country flag
I think once we get to Jan/Feb there will be a long lead time on the cars!

Im sure I saw somewhere that Australia weren’t getting cars till end of 2020 early 2021
I’m not sure what other country’s will have RHD cars as early as the UK so I guess there will be a limited run

I would love a head up display for example but I don’t want to let my build slip too much

Persuader

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s, Range Rover Sport, Jaguar F-Type, Renault Kangoo
Country flag
do you mean the insurance cost?

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I got the double bubble on mine januari build
Ive gone panoramic as by looking at the pics was one of my fave options on the car, also think the kids will love it when they sit in the back

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
Thanks that’s great now I need to decide how I spend the extra £3,500 on options

I’m happy with the cost so may as well add some options
Haha, got to love government grants!

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Better remove them from the spec then... lol
im going for bigger wheels and better seats

I can’t believe that on my Taycan and Etron you have to pay for Keyless entry!
The cars are keyless go so it proves the tech is built into the cars and they charge to turn it on!
Sponsored