First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
Cool. Hope it’s an easy fix!
Turns out the rear wiper hose was leaking into the tailgate. They've done a temporary fix and ordered a new grommet from Germany but currently no ETA on that. Means I'll have to go back again at some point but they have at least got the tailgate to open again. Good luck getting yours sorted.
Sponsored

M00nlight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Rs3
Country flag
Turns out the rear wiper hose was leaking into the tailgate. They've done a temporary fix and ordered a new grommet from Germany but currently no ETA on that. Means I'll have to go back again at some point but they have at least got the tailgate to open again. Good luck getting yours sorted.
Thanks for the update!

Naeem1000

First Name
Naeem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
Did you solve this? I have same issue now…cannot open boot via any method
I have the exact same issue, its happened after major updates, Porsche dealer has advised needs a new part, covered under warranty, but super annoying !!!

M00nlight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Rs3
Country flag
I have the exact same issue, its happened after major updates, Porsche dealer has advised needs a new part, covered under warranty, but super annoying !!!
So took it in to service, they also said need new part, will take 2-3 weeks to arrive. But I drove it home and it opens and closes now. Will still go back for new part anyway

Naeem1000

First Name
Naeem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
So took it in to service, they also said need new part, will take 2-3 weeks to arrive. But I drove it home and it opens and closes now. Will still go back for new part anyway
Thanks for the update, I’m hoping mine starts opening also 🙏

RGBArgee

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4SCrossT.992 Turbo S.Audi S3 8Y, MG Midget
Country flag
Mines in for second replacement part. Had it back less than 24hours and new part failed. Think may be a batch of dodgy parts!

Naeem1000

First Name
Naeem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
Mines in for second replacement part. Had it back less than 24hours and new part failed. Think may be a batch of dodgy parts!
Not great for confidence to be honest , hope your gets sorted soon 🤞

Busski

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E39 M5, e450 wagon
Country flag
Having the same issue. Pretty darn annoying. Apparently they have a revised part (B versus prior A) so clearly a know defect. Here’s the parts on order from Germany. Have been told one month minimum for delivery of new part.
Porsche Taycan The tailgate has stopped opening after the big update 0DEC31F2-556E-4B45-B8A2-0F49F113F23D

RGBArgee

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Got my car back yesterday… 2 months without a functioning boot. Went in for range upgrade mid October and recall and no boot since. Replacement lock needed. Range fix TBC … not impressed awaiting Porsche Customer Service response or I’m off!
Just been replaced for second time so essentially no boot since October! Hope the latest versions work!

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
My tailgate button stopped working after my car went in a few days ago for heater replacement, when they also applied a software update. The tailgate button has since started working again- the thing is, I don't recall whether I had to change any PCM settings, but I do know they cleaned the car before handing it back- noting the issue upthread re. leaking wiper hose, I'm wondering whether my issue was a result of them cleaning with a high-pressure hose.

RGBArgee

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My tailgate button stopped working after my car went in a few days ago for heater replacement, when they also applied a software update. The tailgate button has since started working again- the thing is, I don't recall whether I had to change any PCM settings, but I do know they cleaned the car before handing it back- noting the issue upthread re. leaking wiper hose, I'm wondering whether my issue was a result of them cleaning with a high-pressure hose.
[/

mine is sorted for the second time. Apparently there is a leak issue with the lock and water shorts it out.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
I just noticed the sound of water sloshing about inside the tailgate whilst it opened and closed and there are signs of wated coming through gaps in the trim as it opens and closes.
This can’t be good for the electrics inside…
Sponsored