Thoughts on my HV Cell degradation .....

CaliPorsche

First Name
DAVE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, 2020 Cayenne S, 964 Speedster, AMG
So .... you may have seen my other thread here ... anyway the TLDR+ ... I got the red Circle of Death, Porsche Towed to Dealer ... sat for couple of weeks before dealer got to it, 12v battery drained mysteriously after a few days in dealer car park ... once they got to it they "jumped" the 12v battery and everything started up as normal and they could not see any codes for the HV battery issue (or whatever was the original issue)....

.... today I plugged in the VGate - and find this cell reading ..... any thoughts on this?

Porsche Taycan Thoughts on my HV Cell degradation ..... IMG_2638.PNG

Porsche Taycan Thoughts on my HV Cell degradation ..... IMG_2636.PNG

Porsche Taycan Thoughts on my HV Cell degradation ..... IMG_2644.PNG

Porsche Taycan Thoughts on my HV Cell degradation ..... IMG_2648.PNG

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
Doesn't look good, though I doubt you'll get the dealership to act on these readings. What I'd do is try @Vim Schrotnock algorithm to force the BMS to recalibrate at the bottom end: charge to full, drive/discharge to ~10% SoC, let sit overnight at that low state. Then charge again and re-take measurements.

OP
OP
CaliPorsche

CaliPorsche

First Name
DAVE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Doesn't look good, though I doubt you'll get the dealership to act on these readings. What I'd do is try @Vim Schrotnock algorithm to force the BMS to recalibrate at the bottom end: charge to full, drive/discharge to ~10% SoC, let sit overnight at that low state. Then charge again and re-take measurements.
good point - i will see if can find the post.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Will be interesting to hear your results from BMS recalibration.
In your picture of the cell volatages , how long time had the car been standing idle?

Looking at your data about max and min voltage your cell deviations seem to indicate about 0.05 volt, which do not sound too hefty to me. I had a reading of close to 0.35 volt before my battery collapsed. But still something to keep an eye on!

Porsche Taycan Thoughts on my HV Cell degradation ..... 1707819639612
Porsche Taycan Thoughts on my HV Cell degradation ..... 1707819761387

OP
OP
CaliPorsche

CaliPorsche

First Name
DAVE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
To update you all on this …(I also need to post this news as an update to another thread elsewhere ….. but in the context of this post) …… before I could complete the BMS recalibration I got the red circle of death for the second time (first time thread here). ….so last Thursday 22nd Feb my 2020 4S was taken into the dealership after failing Wednesday
I heard last night that “they will be replacing three cells” and have ordered the modules from Germany …. I have not spoken directly to the service manager yet just to the receptionist so hopefully I will have more details soon……..
Sponsored