Taycanlover1

First Name
Cedric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21” Taycan Cross Tourismo
Country flag
I purchased a 2021 CT 4S in June with 4k miles. Today I have 14k miles. When received, I was getting around 235 miles on a full charge. Normally I charge to 85-90%, however last night I charged to 100% and only got 201 miles. Am I experiencing battery degradation? Is there anything that can be done about it?
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I purchased a 2021 CT 4S in June with 4k miles. Today I have 14k miles. When received, I was getting around 235 miles on a full charge. Normally I charge to 85-90%, however last night I charged to 100% and only got 201 miles. Am I experiencing battery degradation? Is there anything that can be done about it?
Ambient temperature fall - how much colder is it in your location than in June?

This would explain some of the drop (and it can be significant) in colder months.

Failing battery cell maybe but unlikely. If not ambient then may be worth getting it checked out.

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
It always drops a bit as temps cool, it will come back.
Also if you’ve taken a road trip I find that really kills range until you build back up enough “normal” drive history.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
As stated by others above you will see seasonal variability (and ultimately of course some level of battery degradation is to be expected.

I've attached data from my car as an example of AC and DC charging history and predicted ranges displayed by the PCM - bit messy I know - please just ignore the data with crosses and stars - the Green (max range mode AC off) and Blue (Normal range mode AC off) triangles are the PCM's 'Guessometer' max. predicted ranges after charging to a theoretical 100% (I typically charge to 85%).

Point here is that there is a very clear annual Summer-Fall vs Winter Spring change in averages - the 'seasonal' average change is ca. 10% i.e. you'd typically see a 10% loss in range in winter vs summer - absolute amount clearly dependent on your climate (and other factors).

In my case being in an 'extreme' hot climate I also in fact am seeing slightly accelerated degradation (reduction in SoH) as compared to cars being operated in cooler climates.

Porsche Taycan Battery Degradation? Screenshot 2023-11-24 at 12.36.37 PM
Sponsored

Last edited: