Moman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan CT
Country flag
Newbie here since October. Traded in my Macan S for a 23 Taycan CT4 with performance & technology pkg. The surprise bonus was the insulated glass option. Then I noticed all the time when I approach toll stations, they only read my plate number but not my toll tag. Serval tolls even show "TOLL NOT READ". And soon I'd receive toll violation letters.
Now I do believe that the insulated glass had something to do with blocking my toll transponder from working. But where would I position it to work beside getting a license frame version which looked horrendous. Anyone here experienced similar issue and what's your solution?
Loved this car's ride performance thanks to the performance pkg. It even surpass the ride I get from my 981 BS except for the lacking exhaust note.
Sponsored

or1

First Name
O
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
I have glued my toll device onto the underside of the hood. No problems so far, and the windshield is "clean".

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
I have glued my toll device onto the underside of the hood. No problems so far, and the windshield is "clean".
No shortage of toll scanners in Norway! Though as a Irish reg – I fall back to the registration number there. It is always a sting though because it takes a few months before the tolls are taken out through EPASS24. I guess that's the advantage of having a local "transponder".

Reactions: or1

OP
OP
Moman

Moman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan CT
Country flag
Yes I had the transponder mounted on the outside of the shaded area around the rear view mirror. Someone mention it should be mounted on the shaded area. I thought that area will get block but will try it anyway. Thank you.

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
Yes I had the transponder mounted on the outside of the shaded area around the rear view mirror. Someone mention it should be mounted on the shaded area. I thought that area will get block but will try it anyway. Thank you.
Inside the shaded area is what you want. That's the space that has been designed to allow the radio frequencies in through the insulated glass.

I used to have the insulated glass on my first Taycan and I had to have the transponder exactly on that area and even then it could be fussy.

Went with the regular glass on my current Taycan – and no such issues. It doesn't even have a shaded area!

Here is my transponder on my previous Taycan:

Porsche Taycan Toll transponder not being read at toll stations IMG_3275

And on my Turbo S with normal glass and no marked area:

Porsche Taycan Toll transponder not being read at toll stations IMG_1504

Last edited: