WattTurbo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
What does this change in date mean? Yesterday, this milestone completion date was 1/28/22.
Porsche Taycan TYD Question 1644333287330

But, today it shows 2/1/22 for the same milestone. Does it mean the production start date was delayed by 3 days, and didn't start until Feb 1st?
Porsche Taycan TYD Question 1644333344721

rcsting

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Milestone estimated dates are always on a Friday, it looks like yours actually started production on 2/01.

OP
OP
WattTurbo

WattTurbo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
oh I see. So, the estimated date is always on a Friday, and 2/1 is the actual start date. I don't mind a later start date in order to have a better chance at getting the latest version of the PCM hardware.

AHayat

First Name
Amjad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar XF, Audi A7 Comp Edition, CLS53 AMG
Country flag
What does this change in date mean? Yesterday, this milestone completion date was 1/28/22.
1644333287330.png

But, today it shows 2/1/22 for the same milestone. Does it mean the production start date was delayed by 3 days, and didn't start until Feb 1st?
1644333344721.png
Other than asking the dealer, how does one find where the car is in production?

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4, 991.2 GT3
Country flag
Other than asking the dealer, how does one find where the car is in production?
You don't, only your dealer can tell you or call Porsche. In the US we have Track Your Dream, which will give you the milestones and actual dates when things happen, but even then it doesn't always update in a timely fashion.

AHayat

First Name
Amjad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You don't, only your dealer can tell you or call Porsche. In the US we have Track Your Dream, which will give you the milestones and actual dates when things happen, but even then it doesn't always update in a timely fashion.
Thanks a lot, have been told mid to late feb for delivery from Germany although don’t entirely believe

AHayat

First Name
Amjad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Porsche Taycan TYD Question 1644351341965

This is what I got from the dealer about 10 days ago

OP
OP
WattTurbo

WattTurbo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
1644351341965.png

This is what I got from the dealer about 10 days ago
Your dates are almost identical as mine, and my estimated delivery date to Houston, TX is Apr 1st. So, unless, it's much quicker to Ireland, I don't see how you would be able to get it my month end.

AHayat

First Name
Amjad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Your dates are almost identical as mine, and my estimated delivery date to Houston, TX is Apr 1st. So, unless, it's much quicker to Ireland, I don't see how you would be able to get it my month end.
Hmmm, will be disappointing. Am going away for 3 weeks, was hoping car would be delivered and then had made arrangements for the dealer to deliver the car to a Car retailer for PPF and ceramic so could collect on return. Will have to send another email.

OP
OP
WattTurbo

WattTurbo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Hmmm, will be disappointing. Am going away for 3 weeks, was hoping car would be delivered and then had made arrangements for the dealer to deliver the car to a Car retailer for PPF and ceramic so could collect on return. Will have to send another email.
Maybe you're fine, a member from the UK received his car that was built on the 3rd week of Jan. So, it looks like the delivery time to the dealer is much quicker there than to the states.

AHayat

First Name
Amjad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Maybe you're fine, a member from the UK received his car that was built on the 3rd week of Jan. So, it looks like the delivery time to the dealer is much quicker there than to the states.
I was reassured today that the car should be in Dublin on time, ??
Sponsored