Unable to get Taycan to connect to App

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan
Country flag
My Taycan was parked up for 2 weeks whilst away and since returning I am unable to get a connection from the car to the app. Both bottom segments are red with vehicle not accessible message. I have had problems with the PCM before and Germany had to reset it. It Took 2 weeks for them to do it and I am not convienced it made any difference as I subsequently found out that I was connecting to the car wi fi which was causing the problem. Any suggestions, I have tried the usual,ie hard reset on phone, deleting app and reinstalling.
Sponsored

struther

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan GTR, Nissan 350z
Country flag
You can try putting the car in private mode, shutting down, locking it, walk away for at least 10 minutes, start back up again and disable private mode. That worked for me and was recommended by Porsche when I had an issue. It hasn’t seemed to work for many others though. Worth a shot though.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Mine regularly goes to "sleep" so the remote capabilities are pointless in my case as I can't rely on 'waking up' the car to receive any remote commands. It may be the LTE / OTA module is out of sorts or the cell connection drops due to a weak signal / interference but I can't be bothered to take to the dealers - been there too often since ownership.

My Panamera never missed a beat with this system (same location, same parking spot etc).
Sponsored