Valet Function ... How to (my Genius sucks..)

jijitalia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD-ASTON DB9-DB11-CooperS-BM530e
Country flag
To all taycaners ... who use Valet function

Ok Here is the think, I do leave the car daily to valets ... Some I trust some I know I cannot trust !

I found out the Valet function in the App ... but I can turn it On or Off , nad here in EU I guess it is set as default 50Km/h & 1km range before sending alarm message.

Do you know if there is a setting parameters ? somewhere , just to change either speed or distance ??
I asked my Genius - how to turn ON the function before to go look at it --> Genius said - Yes but you have to upgrade "Security" on FOD and then you can change speed and distance ...

So far I ve been able to turn ON the function (without FOD !! Thanks Genius....) & I believe there is no way to change the 50km/H and 1km ... could seems logical .. b ut the valet I know they go at 80 not 50 and that is fine -- would be great to be able to move that parameter.....
Sponsored

Gnasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
I fly out on Holiday on Saturday and turned the Valet mode on and couldn’t see any other adjustments on speed. I did turn a notification alert on though.

Oddly though i can’t see my car as it seems to now be in Privacy mode. I don’t know if that’s because of an error or if it’s because I’m in a different country or if the service is just down as it seems to be flaky.

OP
OP
jijitalia

jijitalia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD-ASTON DB9-DB11-CooperS-BM530e
Country flag
I guess it comes from car ... try with a VPN connection , then you'll be sure it some connection problem of car to PCM

Gnasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
I guess it comes from car ... try with a VPN connection , then you'll be sure it some connection problem of car to PCM
I tried a UK VPN and no luck. Normally when it disconnects i have to unlock and lock the car and it comes back.

I do have the tracker fob though so i assume it’s not been stolen as they didn’t call me about it..

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I tried a UK VPN and no luck. Normally when it disconnects i have to unlock and lock the car and it comes back.

I do have the tracker fob though so i assume it’s not been stolen as they didn’t call me about it..
Oddly mine is in privacy mode today too.

Gnasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
So then suddenly i get a theft alarm and a call from Vodafone.. worried my car is stolen but then they can see it’s not moved, not been turned on in 2 days and say it’s a GPS error which happens. He disables the alarm and now i can see the car in the same location i left it.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
So then suddenly i get a theft alarm and a call from Vodafone.. worried my car is stolen but then they can see it’s not moved, not been turned on in 2 days and say it’s a GPS error which happens. He disables the alarm and now i can see the car in the same location i left it.
Ah ok, a silent alarm when tripped will disable certain features of My Porsche App.

I had this recently when the battery of my tracker fob went low.

Gnasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Well the car disconnected for 2 days before the the silent alarm went ..

When I arrived at the car park at Luton I wondered :

1. Would the valet know how to drive this ?
2. Would they think about a joyride in it!
3. What was the best way to avoid damage from another customer to the car with luggage etc

The first two were answered thankfully.

The last question i won’t know yet but i opted to tick the option where a valet parks the car and you leave the keys. I figure this means that he would ensure he doesn’t damage a car as he couldn’t get away with it.

The car park also take 360 photos of the car on entry. Fingers crossed on Saturday!!
Sponsored