Vehicle Wrap and warranty implications?

pedroleumjelly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Triumph Trident, 2023 Taycan
Country flag
Hey guys, I scheduled to get my 2023 Taycan wrapped and was wondering what the warranty implications are, if any? My car is a lease and I’m based in the US.

My car is also eligible for the latest recall, so I’m wondering if it getting wrapped prior to the service appointment will cause any issues?

I checked the Porsche Financial Services website but the only documentation I could find were my statements and lease buyout options. No actual documents referring to my signed lease.
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hey guys, I scheduled to get my 2023 Taycan wrapped and was wondering what the warranty implications are, if any? My car is a lease and I’m based in the US.

My car is also eligible for the latest recall, so I’m wondering if it getting wrapped prior to the service appointment will cause any issues?

I checked the Porsche Financial Services website but the only documentation I could find were my statements and lease buyout options. No actual documents referring to my signed lease.
Wouldn't expect a warranty issue but certain sensors on the car may not function as before when covered so watch out for that.

Lanman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RS e-tron GT
Country flag
You're installer should know which sensors can't be covered and if they're using templates like most shops do, the cutouts for the sensors will already be there.

fika

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
In the US-

According to the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act: a vehicle manufacturer cannot void the warranty of your vehicle due to an aftermarket part unless they can prove that the aftermarket part was the cause of or contributed to the failure of the vehicle

OP
OP
pedroleumjelly

pedroleumjelly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Triumph Trident, 2023 Taycan
Country flag
So just as I suspected, the wrap looks sick but they had to take the bumpers off to make sure everything is wrapped properly. This included disconnected and reconnecting the sensors, and now I have a bunch of errors.

They're telling me Porsche should clear the codes, but I wasn't expecting to have to deal with this, ugh.
Sponsored