Jrkennedy37

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 Panamera ST, '21 Taycan CT4
Country flag
After six amazing weeks with a '21 CT4, the vehicle threw the dreaded "Electrical System Fault" in Red. Car would not reverse or drive even though everything else on the vehicle operated fine. It's been six weeks since the car was towed to the dealership and there is no ETA when the part will arrive or the vehicle becomes operational again. The service dept has been unable to clear the fault and enable the car to drive on its own power, so they've been pushing it in and out of the shop, as needed.

I'm told the central computer module, or "e-box", is a different part/shape for the CT and the saloon/sedan one (which is readily available) does not fit my vehicle.

The service manager and parts manager assure me that I'm "first in line" as soon as one becomes available from Germany, but have been told this for a full month now. Called 1-800-PORSCHE yesterday and had zero luck on updates or paths of escalation.

Anyone have experience with this or ideas how to expedite this repair?
Sponsored

taycan4sl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
8 weeks since my car towed for Electrical Fault Error and have received no response to any escalation to Porsche central. Supposedly my car will be ready tomorrow but significantly disappointed that Porsche central ignored my requests for any type of assistance.

Hindsight, I wish I would have gotten lawyers involved at week 3 and I think I would have a different outcome.

grahamwoolf

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
I had the exact same problem with a faulty E box. They are requesting a new E box. Fortunately my newTaycan 4S just arrived in San Diego so I should get it in the few weeks.

OP
OP

Jrkennedy37

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 Panamera ST, '21 Taycan CT4
Country flag
I had the exact same problem with a faulty E box. They are requesting a new E box. Fortunately my newTaycan 4S just arrived in San Diego so I should get it in the few weeks.
It’s a couple day repair once the part arrives. Hope you’re back in the road quickly.
Sponsored