Wheel & Tyre Insurance

DavidE- Bath

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Golf GTD mk 7, Ferrari 599 GTB, Ferrari 360 Spider, Ferrari 328 GTS, Bentley Continental Flying Spur, Land Rover Defender 110, Tygan/Chesil Speedster
Country flag
Just wondering - has anyone been offered / bought wheel / tyre insurance in the U.K. on their new Taycans?

If so just wondering what the price and terms you’ve seen are?

I had that in a BMW I bought and it was very worthwhile. And my exclusive design wheels are going to take some looking after!

cheers
David
Sponsored

awharton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS, Mercedes EQC400
Country flag
Don’t all of these types of policies have limits on the cover? £150 per wheel or thereabouts? Not sure that’s going to come close to fixing or replacing a 21” Turbo or Mission E wheel!

exav8tor

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 330e
Country flag
Hi David,

Porsche dealer quotes I received were:
Tyre & Alloy cover 2 years £599 3 years £799 - 5 Tyres & 10 alloys covered for accidental and malicious damage​
Minor Damage Repair Cover (2 years £299 10 claims) 3 years £399 15 claims)​
API (Gap cover) for 4 years is £1049 upto £50K cover.​

As @awharton stated the claim limit per alloy is low at £150 but it is essence just to cover curbing/scuffs. Tyre replacement is up to £200.

I haven't previously purchased this type of insurance before but decided to, as if I had it on my last vehicle I would have likely claimed for alloys and small car park related dent.

I went with motoreasy.com with 3yrs cover for tyres, alloys and minor damage @ £780. Reviews seemed ok with them being 5* defaqto but how good they are you never really know until having to claim - so fingers crossed I don't find out.

If you are considering them give them a call as they offered a better discount on the phone compared to that quoted on the web site.

There are also a few other companies covering these types of insurance so worth doing a search in case the rates are geographic in someway.

OP
OP

DavidE- Bath

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Golf GTD mk 7, Ferrari 599 GTB, Ferrari 360 Spider, Ferrari 328 GTS, Bentley Continental Flying Spur, Land Rover Defender 110, Tygan/Chesil Speedster
Country flag
Hi David,

Porsche dealer quotes I received were:
Tyre & Alloy cover 2 years £599 3 years £799 - 5 Tyres & 10 alloys covered for accidental and malicious damage​
Minor Damage Repair Cover (2 years £299 10 claims) 3 years £399 15 claims)​
API (Gap cover) for 4 years is £1049 upto £50K cover.​

As @awharton stated the claim limit per alloy is low at £150 but it is essence just to cover curbing/scuffs. Tyre replacement is up to £200.

I haven't previously purchased this type of insurance before but decided to, as if I had it on my last vehicle I would have likely claimed for alloys and small car park related dent.

I went with motoreasy.com with 3yrs cover for tyres, alloys and minor damage @ £780. Reviews seemed ok with them being 5* defaqto but how good they are you never really know until having to claim - so fingers crossed I don't find out.

If you are considering them give them a call as they offered a better discount on the phone compared to that quoted on the web site.

There are also a few other companies covering these types of insurance so worth doing a search in case the rates are geographic in someway.
Great thanks @exav8tor thats really helpful.

OP
OP

DavidE- Bath

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hi @exav8tor I just bought exactly the same policy as you from motoreasy.com. Bundle deal only available over the phone of £780.
Very helpful lady said you would get a £20 voucher for referring - she looked for a Richard with a Taycan so hope she got the right person :)
Thanks again for the heads up.

awharton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS, Mercedes EQC400
Country flag
Just FYI. totallossgap.co.uk are charging £320 for alloy and tyre and £250 scratch and dent for 3 years. Tyres also had the higher cover at £350. £10 excess for each claim.

Last edited:

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
You are lucky to be able to find such insurance in the UK! And that also the dealers offer these! Here in France the sales had never heard about anything like it. I sent him a brochure. He looked absolutely stunned!

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
Isnt it more cost effective to pay for these items if the car is a company car!?

exav8tor

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 330e
Country flag
Hi @exav8tor I just bought exactly the same policy as you from motoreasy.com. Bundle deal only available over the phone of £780.
Very helpful lady said you would get a £20 voucher for referring - she looked for a Richard with a Taycan so hope she got the right person :)
Thanks again for the heads up.
Hi David,

Your are welcome and thanks for mentioning me on the call to them, will keep an eye on the post/email.

Finger crossed we will not have to claim.

@TAYC4N interesting question, I guess as with any insurance it is a gamble as to which ends up being most cost effective but think I see your point regarding it being company. Then again anything to do with a car is never that cost effective :confused:

Robforgot1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Can anyone in UK please share which OPC is offering wheel & tyre insurance? My nearest OPC in London has told me they are not offering this and that I should use 3rd party insurers. Many thanks!
Sponsored