Insurance

tylerdurden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
4month old GTS. Was miffed at the 1.8k quote to renew with current insurer (4yNCD). Straight to confused/moneysupermaret where the cheapest quotes were 3.7k. OMG!!
Sponsored

UKPerson

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A8, MG 4, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
My Taycan Turbo (saloon) arrives on Friday. Just over 1 year old. I arranged cover about a week ago. I checked the big 3 comparison sites and went with Admiral. I didn't go for the Essentials - I went for the 5 star defacto cover. I went multi car (3 cars) and put my 9 yr NCD on the Taycan. I think it was about £760.

I found reducing the value of the car to a realistic level made a big difference. I don't see how you're getting 3.7K though. Are you 22? Is your job title ram raider? :surprised:

Edit: Just checked and it was actually £560. That's for 4K miles / year, social, domestic pleasure only.

Last edited:

Mourloz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Taycan 4S Plus
Country flag
4month old GTS. Was miffed at the 1.8k quote to renew with current insurer (4yNCD). Straight to confused/moneysupermaret where the cheapest quotes were 3.7k. OMG!!
Hey there.

Welcome to the post code lottery. I had similar quotes, nothing can be done. I even contacted the financial ombudsman to find out why a Cat50 car in this post code is so expensive.

They came back to me and said these are trade secrets that the company doesn't have to disclose to anyone. Obviously the models are so rigged that higher categories scale according to crime/claims in lower ones.

n3ophyte

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Nissan GT-R
Country flag
Wow that’s brutal. My Turbo S costs me £569 (with SAGA).

Crazymind

First Name
Mattia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
They have been granted a nice and sweet Licence to steal. Makes no sense what they are quoting and it depends on the algorithm their online system is using while you are browsing.

Remedy234

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Navarra, Mini Cooper
Country flag
My quotes varied massively on three different comparison sites on different days. Started at £1100 10 years NCB no points and as it got closer to the collection date I tried again getting £3k plus quotes. Obviously went with the £1100 with admiral

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
Given the massive reported depreciation on our cars, what amounts are people putting down as value for their insurance? Too little and that's all they'll pay, Too much and they wont pay the full amount in the event of write-offs etc. I know some insurers just default in their own valuation but when they do that, i'm not sure you ever know what it is.

mcr21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
My Taycan Turbo (saloon) arrives on Friday. Just over 1 year old. I arranged cover about a week ago. I checked the big 3 comparison sites and went with Admiral. I didn't go for the Essentials - I went for the 5 star defacto cover. I went multi car (3 cars) and put my 9 yr NCD on the Taycan. I think it was about £760.

I found reducing the value of the car to a realistic level made a big difference. I don't see how you're getting 3.7K though. Are you 22? Is your job title ram raider? :surprised:

Edit: Just checked and it was actually £560. That's for 4K miles / year, social, domestic pleasure only.
22 year old chef with anger management issues, frequently driving in W1 during rush hour;)

Seriously though, UK insurance premiums across many expensive brands seem to be off the charts the last 12 months. Overheard a lady the other week who complained about having been quoted 6k to renew her Land Rover policy.

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
22 year old chef with anger management issues, frequently driving in W1 during rush hour;)

Seriously though, UK insurance premiums across many expensive brands seem to be off the charts the last 12 months. Overheard a lady the other week who complained about having been quoted 6k to renew her Land Rover policy.
Only 6k!! A friend of mine in Kensington quoted £13k! She had one nicked though!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
My wife pays the insurance bills, I don’t ask how much it costs.

Frankcan

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4 S
Country flag
It’s unbelievable, I just got my renewal this week from LV
It looks like I will be going with Admiral :(

Porsche Taycan Insurance IMG_6666

Porsche Taycan Insurance IMG_6667