White Mission E wheels on white 4S?

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Is anyone getting these?

I originally had these in my build, but took them out because of the cost. With the required $3500 PSC brakes, the Mission E wheels (painted) add almost $9500 to the cost of the car. Which just seems silly, especially since the brakes don't really add value due to the fact that most braking is done with regenerative braking. But, it seems like every time I read yet another article about the Taycan, there the Mission E wheels are, taunting me. I'm not much of a wheel guy, I couldn't even tell you what the (also expensive) wheels look like on my current car. But the Mission E wheels, painted, are pretty striking. Or maybe they're too showy? To be honest, I'm not sure how they'd appeal to me over time.

The only picture I can see of the stock 19 inch "S Aero" wheels is on the configurator. Are there any other pictures?

What do others think? Is anyone adding the Mission E wheels to their build? And how would they affect drivability and range - any effect?

from the configurator:
Porsche Taycan White Mission E wheels on white 4S? zpYW1T7jbGVf%25dsE83ezf0NCRXL7WwfuNKoJkSBC6Q9rvyoO

vs:

also from the configurator:
Porsche Taycan White Mission E wheels on white 4S? Eeh5y%25LPvBCmY13TOf8EmXlJkSiL5DmtlRpws7xJMV2dKHp4

Other pics found online (I'd get white calipers though, not yellow):
Porsche Taycan White Mission E wheels on white 4S? taycan-frankfurt-25462_-

Porsche Taycan White Mission E wheels on white 4S? 1920px-Porsche_Taycan_at_IAA_2019_IMG_0786

Porsche Taycan White Mission E wheels on white 4S? 2020-porsche-taycan_100714595

Austin_yeahbaby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, replaced my 911 ;-)
Country flag
yes, my order is Carrera white, mission style wheels, white painted surrounds and the ceramic brakes

Mission E all the way.

Austin_yeahbaby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, replaced my 911 ;-)
Country flag

struther

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan GTR, Nissan 350z
Country flag
I went white Mission E with black painted callipers. On the Turbo S, “only” the paint was extra - very, very expensive paint!!

Mission4S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
... I originally had these in my build, but took them out because of the cost. With the required $3500 PSC brakes, the Mission E wheels (painted) add almost $9500 to the cost of the car. Which just seems silly, ...
In addition to the cost of $9500 for the Mission e wheels you reduce compared to the 19-inch Taycan S Aero wheels the range (based on WLTP) for your Taycan 4S by 15 miles! You can use the range calculator of the UK website by clicking on the "Explore Charging" button on page 4 here to switch between settings for the range including different wheels:
https://www.porsche.com/uk/models/taycan/taycan-models/

So from financial, usability and logical point of view the Mission e wheels on Taycan 4S make absolutely no sense at all ... but can you really resist this beauty - I could not and ordered the Mission e wheels ;)

Here is one of the very few real world images I found with the Mission e white painted wheels together with white Porsche Surface Coated Brakes (PSCB), instead of most available images with the yellow Porsche Ceramic Composite Brake (PCCB) on the white painted Mission e wheels - I just love these wheels:
Porsche Taycan White Mission E wheels on white 4S? ELWSeFZUcAAHVCq

A few more images from the same shooting of the Mission e style Taycan Turbo in Singapore are here:

I will pick up next week Friday my Taycan 4S (http://www.porsche-code.com/PL7IGQX0) with white breaks and painted Mission e wheels directly at the Porsche factory in Stuttgart - after this I will post some images of my Mission e wheels in this forum!

Last edited:

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I went white Mission E with black painted callipers. On the Turbo S, “only” the paint was extra - very, very expensive paint!!
Same here - mission E wheels all the way. From an appearance standpoint, nothing is more important than the wheels, so if you really like the mission E - go for it!

flickroll

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
The white Taycan just screams for Mission E wheels, whether painted white or stock silver. Both look great
Sponsored