4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Previously: 914, 944 and 997 911S. Now Taycan
Country flag
ditto - no resolution, but I am exhausted from trying! I just access Spotify from Apple CarPlay so I think the only benefit I am really missing is the ability to say "Hey Porsche Play Spotify"
Sponsored

martino

First Name
Tino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I've also been experiencing problems and reported 3010, 3011, 3019 errors but have not received any feedback on what they means. I've been reporting and escalating this problem for months still without resolution.

Porsche seems to be years behind Tesla when it comes the in car software. I never had any problems with Spotify on my Tesla, its simply worked without the need for any complex QR code or licences. All this control and regulation Porsche introduced only serves to deliver a miserable customer experience for Porsche owners.

As customers we demand high standards of Porsche when it comes to driving and mechanical engineering. I don't believe we should tolerate the sloppy software and poor service forced on us by the PCM team. It reflects an attitude that is counter to the Porsche brand. Worse still it reflects a poor attitude to quality which I hope won't contaminate the rest of the company.

I would encourage all owners still waiting to get their Spotify or other software issues fixed to make sure the communicate their displeasure and expectations to the local Porsche team. Hopefully the message will get through to Porsche that their customers expect higher standards and better performance than what they're delivering.

OP
OP
4thPcar

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I've also been experiencing problems and reported 3010, 3011, 3019 errors but have not received any feedback on what they means. I've been reporting and escalating this problem for months still without resolution.

Porsche seems to be years behind Tesla when it comes the in car software. I never had any problems with Spotify on my Tesla, its simply worked without the need for any complex QR code or licences. All this control and regulation Porsche introduced only serves to deliver a miserable customer experience for Porsche owners.

As customers we demand high standards of Porsche when it comes to driving and mechanical engineering. I don't believe we should tolerate the sloppy software and poor service forced on us by the PCM team. It reflects an attitude that is counter to the Porsche brand. Worse still it reflects a poor attitude to quality which I hope won't contaminate the rest of the company.

I would encourage all owners still waiting to get their Spotify or other software issues fixed to make sure the communicate their displeasure and expectations to the local Porsche team. Hopefully the message will get through to Porsche that their customers expect higher standards and better performance than what they're delivering.
I am not all that aggravated by this lack of integration since I can access Spotify easily via CarPlay. Yeah it would be nice to have this feature but I never expected it and I wouldn't have highly prioritized this feature as a spec that I needed. Everything else about the car has been fantastic - no serious issues. So its hard for me to justify taking Porsche to task for this feature, knowing that they would not prioritize it either. From what I've read of other owners they have many more serious issues to tackle. Just my 2c.

martino

First Name
Tino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I am not all that aggravated by this lack of integration since I can access Spotify easily via CarPlay. Yeah it would be nice to have this feature but I never expected it and I wouldn't have highly prioritized this feature as a spec that I needed. Everything else about the car has been fantastic - no serious issues. So its hard for me to justify taking Porsche to task for this feature, knowing that they would not prioritize it either. From what I've read of other owners they have many more serious issues to tackle. Just my 2c.
I appreciate your position. Everyone values different features. However the world is becoming more software & applications based all the time. Its a concern that the same attitude to quality isn't applied everywhere.

For example would you accept a poor quality paint job on a Porsche with obvious marks and blemishes in the finish? In my opinion software bugs in PCM are no different blemishes on the paint job.

I appreciate that not everyone may share my perspective, but I expect over time more and more people are going to expect the same high standards of the PCM software as we expect on the paint finish & interior of the car.

MyA

First Name
Marc-Yvon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Same error here. 3010 my my car is not linked to correct Taycan wifi and 3019 all the time.
Went to my dealer for winter tires and they tried to address this problem with no success. Spotity still in limbo

OP
OP
4thPcar

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Same error here. 3010 my my car is not linked to correct Taycan wifi and 3019 all the time.
Went to my dealer for winter tires and they tried to address this problem with no success. Spotity still in limbo
Its not as good as "the promise" but you can use Apple Car play to access Spotify. Presuming you can get Apple Car Play working.

Reactions: MyA

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
For those that have successfully linked your Spotify premium account, which order did you do things in.... activate in My Porsche App first, then scan QR code in the car or the other way around?

OP
OP
4thPcar

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Somewhere in here or a related thread, an owner suggested initiating the link from PCM to Spotify within the mobile app. So I tried that (see screenshot from my phone), then rebooted the PCM. This time, the error looked the same as it always does, except this time it gave me error code #3019 (was #3011 before). This doesn't feel like progress.....

Porsche Taycan Why can't my car initiate Spotify? Screenshot 2022-12-11 at 11.49.25 AM

martino

First Name
Tino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Somewhere in here or a related thread, an owner suggested initiating the link from PCM to Spotify within the mobile app. So I tried that (see screenshot from my phone), then rebooted the PCM. This time, the error looked the same as it always does, except this time it gave me error code #3019 (was #3011 before). This doesn't feel like progress.....

Screenshot 2022-12-11 at 11.49.25 AM.jpg
4thPcar - I went through the same process and also received these errors but it doesn't fix anything. I've spoken to my dealer at length about this. Porsche are aware they have a problem with Spotify logins but are taking a ridiculously long time to fix it. I suspect they've got other bigger problems with their software stability and up time and so are addressing those first.

Raphie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s (21)
Country flag
My Spotify is grayed out on PCM saying “no valid license found” Spotify Premium is linked in My Porsche app. Never seen a QR code screen on PCM. My account has only been logged in since last night and had some updates/reboots too, is it just slow, wonky, or both?

When working, how is it supposed to work? Are your offline playlists being downloaded, or does it stream online via car connectivity?
for now I’ll try the Spotify client in Car Play, but can I use my iPhone wired (via USB?) wireless BT is not AptX and doesn’t sound good.

Raphie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s (21)
Country flag
I called connect, send a screenshot of the “no valid license found” and they’ll see if they can tick a box somewhere.

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
When working, how is it supposed to work? Are your offline playlists being downloaded, or does it stream online via car connectivity?
for now I’ll try the Spotify client in Car Play, but can I use my iPhone wired (via USB?) wireless BT is not AptX and doesn’t sound good.
It does not seem to download and store anything so I assume it streams. I only use CarPlay via wired connection. If you’ve already configured wireless you can select the Taycan wifi in you’re phone and disable auto-connect to prevent the wireless connection.

First Name
Vinod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Porsche Cayenne, 2023 Porsche Taycan RWD
Country flag
Has anybody found a resolution for this? I've linked on the account but still facing this also. Thanks
I have the same issue on my new Taycan RWD when trying to register apple music or spotify. it's very annoying :(

Valen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Eva Ribelle RS
Country flag
I had the "spotify" bug for like 5 month, tried more or less everything at the beginning (reset pcm, tried all the sign in order etc..). Asked my dealer to raise the issue to Porsche.
At the end, i gave up as i use it with carplay/android auto.

2 weeks ago, while i was parked waiting for my girfriend, I checked if i still have the QR code bug. I discovered that my spotify was already connected to the PCM.

I did nothing, didn't install any updates since my last tries.

This leads me to think that is definitively a server side issue on Porsche system...

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
Mine connected within 5 hours of enabling it in the My Porsche App. SA couldn't add it during handover but later that evening it just popped up in the PCM
Sponsored