Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Hello everyone.

Our Taycan 4S also has a problem with the spoiler. If I understand correctly, the spoiler should unfold above a certain speed, and an icon will appear in the instrument cluster.

However, in sport mode, the icon never appears, so it seems that the spoiler is not working properly. Could this be related to a setting in the PCM, or will we have to go to the dealer for this? All ideas and experiences are welcome!
It only deploys in Range and Sport Plus.
Sponsored

DQLAV

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S - Renault Captur - BMW 535i F10 (prev.)
Country flag
It only deploys in Range and Sport Plus.
Thanks! Sadly we don't have the Sport Chrono package so no Sport Plus available. I didn't knew it only deployed in Range and Sport Plus mode. So now it's clear, thank you.
Since we never use the range mode, it will probably not often happen that the spoiler is folded out. Actually quite a shame that there is no possibility to set the spoiler position manually.
Maybe they can add this feature with a software update in the future...

Reactions: Dee

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Thanks! Sadly we don't have the Sport Chrono package so no Sport Plus available. I didn't knew it only deployed in Range and Sport Plus mode. So now it's clear, thank you.
Since we never use the range mode, it will probably not often happen that the spoiler is folded out. Actually quite a shame that there is no possibility to set the spoiler position manually.
Maybe they can add this feature with a software update in the future...
You can extend it (settings -> vehicle) however it is not persistent. Without Sport Chrono package, can you still configure your individual drive mode to use sport plus? That would do the trick.

Austin_yeahbaby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, replaced my 911 ;-)
Country flag
Hi @Dee,

My spoiler has dropped like your did but my dealership on this side of the pond says they have not had any other problems and suggesting they do their normal diagnostic approach which is.

- Book in 4 weeks out from now.

- Examine the car on the day.

- Order lot's of parts and

- Keep the car for about a week until they finally resolve.

Any chance you (or your porsche centre) know exactly what the did to fix? as I can then send over to my OPC in advance.

Thanks

OP
OP
Dee

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Hi @Dee,

My spoiler has dropped like your did but my dealership on this side of the pond says they have not had any other problems and suggesting they do their normal diagnostic approach which is.

- Book in 4 weeks out from now.

- Examine the car on the day.

- Order lot's of parts and

- Keep the car for about a week until they finally resolve.

Any chance you (or your porsche centre) know exactly what the did to fix? as I can then send over to my OPC in advance.

Thanks
I don't think you'll need parts as these wings are just like bonnets, adjusting a few stops and it's done.
Doesn't need a week, only an hour or so.
But if they need assistance they can call Porsche Centrum Twente, the Netherlands.
+31 547 384 911 (last digits are true, lol). :)

Reactions: DGW

Austin_yeahbaby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, replaced my 911 ;-)
Country flag
I don't think you'll need parts as these wings are just like bonnets, adjusting a few stops and it's done.
Doesn't need a week, only an hour or so.
But if they need assistance they can call Porsche Centrum Twente, the Netherlands.
+31 547 384 911 (last digits are true, lol). :)
@Dee, they have ordered a complete new spoiler for my fix and intend to paint it to match and install,

do you have a friendly contact/email who can tell me exactly what the did to resolve this without a new spoiler?
Sponsored