Winter tyres or wheels+tyres for Nordic countries

Arc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-
Country flag
What do you guys with hakkapelitta R3 think of them. Are they good on the taycan or a bit too soft and mushy?
Sponsored

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Hi guys,

i was just thinking if i order a set of Michelin center-european winter tyres for my Exlusive Design 21" wheels or buy a totally new set of wheels - 20" + proper nordic winter tyres. My tyre guy was suggesting to order the second option. These MAK wheels are meant for Taycan, 20" and don't cost arm and leg.
What do you think? I guess they would look pretty cool with red calipers, probably less range though....
Made a random quick photoshop to some random picture from google, just to see how they would look.... a slightly less smaller in real life but ... yeah...
MAK Leipzig.png
Screenshot 2020-09-25 at 15.48.37.png
Hi, I have just ordered these wheels in 20 inch with the new Pirelli P Zero Winter for my use in Europe. I really like these wheels in black for my car.

@Arc
I have driven cars with hakkapelitta R3 in Finland, and found them excellent. However I did hear a “hum” or some kind of noise at driving speeds of around 90 km/h. Or rumbling if you know what I mean? It that was due to the tyres or combination with the car and suspension, I have no idea. I would check this if you have an opportunity and talk to others that may have used that tyre. Just to be clear, I would still buy and use the R3 tyres as I found them so good in use compared to others if I would be using them in the Nordic countries.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jayjay

Jayjay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Audi Q7 50, BMW 330 cabrio
Country flag
Hi, I have just ordered these wheels in 20 inch with the new Pirelli P Zero Winter for my use in Europe. I really like these wheels in black for my car.

@Arc
I have driven cars with hakkapelitta R3 in Finland, and found them excellent. However I did hear a “hum” or some kind of noise at driving speeds of around 90 km/h. Or rumbling if you know what I know. It that was due to the tyres or combination with the car and suspension, I have no idea. I would check this if you have an opportunity and talk to others that may have used that tyre. Just to be clear, I would still buy and use the R3 tyres as I found them so good in use compared to others if I would be using them in the Nordic countries.
Definately post a picture with the wheels on when you change them! :)

OP
OP
Jayjay

Jayjay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Audi Q7 50, BMW 330 cabrio
Country flag
I personally ended up just ordering winter tyres for my original exclusive design wheels.
Will let you know how it drives when i swap them out, at the moment still waiting them to arrive...

To my knowledge these are the only tyres made to fit Mission E or Exlusive Design 21" Taycan wheels:

Michelin
front - 265/35 R21 101V XL PA5
rear - 305/30 R21 104V XL PA5
Sponsored