First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes GLA
Country flag
Hi everyone,

I am currently configuring my Taycan Turbo and as others I have issues settling for a color. (Btw glad I found these forums, it's super helpful to see photos and read through experiences of other owners)

So I love the black satin look but a friend told me it looks dirty quickly so it would be a hassle to have it looking good all the time. My problem is that I don't like metallic black on the Taycan, so PPF would mean I have to stick to the satin look. Thats why I am considering to get the Taycan in one of the lighter colors I like (Crayon or Ice Grey) and then wrap it in black matte.. I could remove the wrap if I am not happy with it and I would also be able to remove the foliation at some point and basically have a new car. Some questions:

1) In general is there a "better" choice between a satin-transparent PPF or a black matte wrap?

2) Can I cover a light color like Ice Grey and wrap it in black matte or will it look ugly / unconvincing with shine through effects of any sort?

3) Is the matte / satin look really that hard to keep clean or is it an exaggeration? I have a metallic black GLA right now, will this be comparable or is it higher maintenance?

Thanks in advance
Sponsored

Last edited:

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Why not order standard black if you don't like metallic. Can always wrap in satin adn you'll have the same color jambs. Yes, matte/satin vinyl is difficult to keep pristine.