First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2018 Tesla Model 3, 2015 Porsche Macan Turbo
Country flag
don’t trust everything you read online
OK, I won't trust "Mine has Bose. I don't like it much. Feels quiet, although in an electric car and also my Audible books don't sound good at all. ". ;)

I can understand not trusting some random comment, but when it comes from the manufacturer, well...
Sponsored

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
High-end audio in a CAR is ridiculous anyway.
C'mon...
Bose is good enough and it's especially build for the Taycan.

tnikolov

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
OK, I won't trust "Mine has Bose. I don't like it much. Feels quiet, although in an electric car and also my Audible books don't sound good at all. ". ;)

I can understand not trusting some random comment, but when it comes from the manufacturer, well...
while that may be true, I do own several other Porsches with either Bose or Burmester and was led to believe the Bose in the Taycan would have audiophile like quality, much like my other cars do. Disappointed to say it doesn’t... but hey, anyone can have their opinion, right?

diesel

First Name
Valérie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan turbo s
Country flag
Hi , I changed the last minute to Buremester .I don't know how it sounds yet but I saw the the speakers were in the same neodyme I chose .It looked amazing.
In my 911 the Bose was very good but the cockpit is smaller. I am anxious to here the sound ,but have to wait till Wednesday. I will let you know.

Skystorm

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS
Country flag
Hi , I changed the last minute to Buremester .I don't know how it sounds yet but I saw the the speakers were in the same neodyme I chose .It looked amazing.
In my 911 the Bose was very good but the cockpit is smaller. I am anxious to here the sound ,but have to wait till Wednesday. I will let you know.
I have Burmester and I love it! Stream from TIDAL and choose a master mixed song.
Use the Auro 3D setting with Auro surround level 6-7 it sound fantastic..

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have Burmester and I love it! Stream from TIDAL and choose a master mixed song.
Use the Auro 3D setting with Auro surround level 6-7 it sound fantastic..
Do you have the insulated glass option? Still waiting for my Taycan so I wonder how much that improves the sound quality in addition to having the Burmester audio system.

Also, the website has a page about Burmester for Taycan, but the app doesn't yet include the Taycan. I wonder whether you can configure the sound as well without the app.

Porsche Taycan Taycan has custom Bose sound system 595D8929-AA4D-4737-8625-E81828F7BC55_1_102_o

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag

Quiet? I had a run in Taycan yesterday with Bose. It is definitely not quiet!

Singularity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY 2020 Taycan 4S, MY 2022 Audi Q7 60 TFSIe
Country flag
I'm quite satisfied with the Bose audio based on my initial testing. It's good. Better than any non-custom audio I've heard in a car. Albeit my experience is limited, so if you are used to premium audio in a car, my feedback might not be that useful. But if you're mostly used to basic-to-good audio on a car you'll be quite happy with the Bose.

But to add some perspective to my feedback, I have a fairly high end home theater at home with premium Dali speakers and with some songs I've wondered if the car Bose sounds even better. That is how good it is. Of course it's actually not as good and on other songs can be clearly worse, but still on some songs I'm almost preferring it.

Note this comparison was made mainly on trying out the Bose system at very high volume while not driving the car. When driving, especially at higher speeds, the car audio is always a bit mediocre since the quite high noise levels (tire noise primarily)

This is another topic entirely but the #1 negative thing with the Taycan is in my short term experience the tire noise. It's actually overall a noisier car than my ICE A7 at highway speeds (I believe). Which was surprising to me tbh. Might test it further.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
This is another topic entirely but the #1 negative thing with the Taycan is in my short term experience the tire noise. It's actually overall a noisier car than my ICE A7 at highway speeds (I believe). Which was surprising to me tbh. Might test it further.
Interesting! Is it because the car is so much quieter, no engine noise, wind noise, so the perception is louder ? Or have you measured both cars and compared them using a noise meter to get the total noise level? And are you on the 21 inch wheels?

Reactions: Dee

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Which wheels do you have?

diesel

First Name
Valérie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan turbo s
Country flag
Do you have the insulated glass option? Still waiting for my Taycan so I wonder how much that improves the sound quality in addition to having the Burmester audio system.

Also, the website has a page about Burmester for Taycan, but the app doesn't yet include the Taycan. I wonder whether you can configure the sound as well without the app.

595D8929-AA4D-4737-8625-E81828F7BC55_1_102_o.jpeg

Indeed I have the insulated glass .

Skystorm

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS
Country flag

I have the insulated glass and 21” wheels no problems.. In think you don’t need the app not so many settings... you will be fine..

Singularity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY 2020 Taycan 4S, MY 2022 Audi Q7 60 TFSIe
Country flag
I have 19" wheels. That's the interesting thing. Tbh I don't think that really matters that much to the noise. It's more about the width of the wheel which is the same regardless of how thick the rubber is? The noise is clearly mainly coming from the rear which supports my tire width theory. And Taycan has quite wide rear wheels.

In anycase, I'm not completely sure if I'm simply bothered by the noise because there is not much other noise, or if the overall noise level is actually higher than in my ICE car. Would need to check the decibels and I'm tempted to do just that. Otherwise it's just speculation and feeling.

Finally, keep in mind different tires have different noise levels even if they are the same size. Some tires are quieter than others. Just for reference mine are Continental Premium contact 6.
Sponsored

Last edited: