Icey4s

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo S, 21 Audi SQ8, 20 330i, 19 M5 C
Country flag
Let me start off with saying everyone is okay and walked away with no injuries other than some shock. Let some family borrow the Taycan while they were in town and they were driving one night and didn't notice a construction ditch and bottomed out the front of the Taycan. It wasn't a deep ditch by any means but just enough to stop the car dead in its tracks. Was informed it will be a total loss. Without a doubt thoroughly enjoyed the 8 months with the 4S.

Porsche Taycan Goodbye 4S. Total Loss 1
Porsche Taycan Goodbye 4S. Total Loss 2

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Very sorry to hear that 🙁

With airbags deployed, yeah. Probably not worth the repairs specially if the HV battery got a dent.

Glad everyone is OK.

What's your next move?

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Ouch. Stopping "dead in its track" is like hitting an immovable wall. How fast was the car going?

OP
OP
Icey4s

Icey4s

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Very sorry to hear that 🙁

With airbags deployed, yeah. Probably not worth the repairs specially if the HV battery got a dent.

Glad everyone is OK.

What's your next move?
Thank you! Replacement is on the way. Hoping to have it within the next 1-2 weeks.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
A total loss of a €100.000 car?
I'm very curious what caused the total loss.
I mean, suspension can be replaced, structural repairs can be done, battery compartment is solid as a rock, plastic parts can be replaced etc.
What the hell caused the total loss on such a new car??

Maybe you should talk to Matt Armstrong...

Deleted member 6348

I lost my 2022 Taycan 4S at 8 months and 26k miles. It all came to an end when someone rear ended at speed. I was lucky to walk away.

Glad to hear that everyone was okay. I hope that your insurance company takes good care of you.

I had an F150 Lightning inbound that was supposed to be in addition to my Taycan. Surprisingly, it’s become my daily. The F150 is so good that I don’t think that I will be buying another Taycan. At least, I won’t be buying another one of this generation.

Porsche Taycan Goodbye 4S. Total Loss IMG_1611

Sebbo

First Name
Sebastian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS Taycan 4S CLA 45S
Country flag
Thank you! Replacement is on the way. Hoping to have it within the next 1-2 weeks.
Taycan replacement or other car/manufacture?

Bill33525

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘24 Q8 ETron 55 SUV, '22 Taycan RWD
Country flag
A total loss of a €100.000 car?
I'm very curious what caused the total loss.
It's been said the insurance co can sell the wreck at auction for a good price and take the difference as a loss. Some wrecks just can't be fixed so it goes to parts.

OP
OP
Icey4s

Icey4s

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I lost my 2022 Taycan 4S at 8 months and 26k miles. It all came to an end when someone rear ended at speed. I was lucky to walk away.

Glad to hear that everyone was okay. I hope that your insurance company takes good care of you.

I had an F150 Lightning inbound that was supposed to be in addition to my Taycan. Surprisingly, it’s become my daily. The F150 is so good that I don’t think that I will be buying another Taycan. At least, I won’t be buying another one of this generation.

IMG_1611.jpeg
Glad to hear you’re okay and loving the Lightning!

KCD

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Rolls-Royce Wraith, Bentley Corniche
Country flag
Let me start off with saying everyone is okay and walked away with no injuries other than some shock. Let some family borrow the Taycan while they were in town and they were driving one night and didn't notice a construction ditch and bottomed out the front of the Taycan. It wasn't a deep ditch by any means but just enough to stop the car dead in its tracks. Was informed it will be a total loss. Without a doubt thoroughly enjoyed the 8 months with the 4S.

1.jpg
2.jpg
Good to hear nobody was injured but does question why it would be a total loss for what appears to be so little damage. Years ago, I had a Bentley Arnage worth £40k that was claimed to be a total loss for a small amount of damage. I insisted on it being repaired at a Bentley approved dealer and the cost was less than £7k. Perhaps that's why insurance is so expensive ?

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Good to hear nobody was injured but does question why it would be a total loss for what appears to be so little damage. Years ago, I had a Bentley Arnage worth £40k that was claimed to be a total loss for a small amount of damage. I insisted on it being repaired at a Bentley approved dealer and the cost was less than £7k. Perhaps that's why insurance is so expensive ?
I guess the deployed airbags ripping through the interior panels or maybe the front axle being destroyed or at least bend by looking at the front wheel position relative to the wheel well or even the subtle misalignment of the frunk that might indicate a chassis twist after the bottom impact.

Only advantage of a bottom impact is that the panels around the car seem OK. Doesn't mean the structure is.

Actually, compared to other "slight" Taycan accidents I've seen through pics on this forum (which were write offs to my dismay - remember one that went of road and ended near a peach tree during winter) this one I can actually believe.

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
It's been said the insurance co can sell the wreck at auction for a good price and take the difference as a loss. Some wrecks just can't be fixed so it goes to parts.
Or it ends up in <insert country here>, with someone who will ask here how to disconnect the SRS relay.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag

IMG_1611.jpeg
You don't often hear of people cross-shopping a Taycan and F150. This is an excellent example of how Taycan customers are very different from legacy Porsche customers. I don't think this has sunk in with Porsche very much yet. I think Porsche thinks everyone who buys a Taycan is a die hard Porsche fan. They ought to keep track of what cars people are switching out of. At one of my local dealers, the SA told me half or more of his Taycan customers came from a Tesla, or still have a Tesla, and it's their first Porsche.