Loss of range

Hiflyin20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Drove pretty hard the night before and after charging to 100% noticed a 50 mile drop in estimated range. Gonna try and charge a few more times but is this something to be concerned about? Bad battery?
Sponsored

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
I imagine the range guesstimator has adjusted itself for a greatly reduced efficiency achieved when you were thrashing it. Although 50 miles seems a big adjustment for 1 trip unless the car is brand new.

Look on the app in trip info and check your average consumption for recent trips. if you've got good consumption and still crap range, then maybe battery capacity is compromised.

Back of a cigarette packet calculation for the larger battery is your range should be your consumption multiplied by 84.

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
After two consecutive track days, my guesstimator went from a 230 mile range to something like 160. It's slowly making its way back up as I return to normal driving, but I suppose it depends on how hard you drove the car and for how long.

OP
OP
Hiflyin20

Hiflyin20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
After two consecutive track days, my guesstimator went from a 230 mile range to something like 160. It's slowly making its way back up as I return to normal driving, but I suppose it depends on how hard you drove the car and for how long.
I definitely didn’t work it like a track day. Just hard and fast highway driving with some pulls. So when the estimator went to 160 was that your actual range till it came back up? Or you were getting more than that with normal driving? Thanks

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I definitely didn’t work it like a track day. Just hard and fast highway driving with some pulls. So when the estimator went to 160 was that your actual range till it came back up? Or you were getting more than that with normal driving? Thanks
Good question - normal driving is like 10 miles per day max, so not since had a chance to test the range relative to the computer.

mystermykee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 IGM
Country flag
It's hard not to pay attention to the predictive range meter. I would just concern yourself with your average consumption in trip data to see how conservative, or not conservative you are driving. In my 4S, I get between 2.9-3.2 mi/kWh. At worst, that's better than the EPA range rating (having the uPdate helps).
Sponsored