Nickgj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hi Guys- my 4S has been stuck at Porsche Stockport now for over a week. I went to the dealership yesterday and it’s in the front window, waiting for the stop instruction to be lift....what a tease! Anyway just wanting to get everything in place for imminent collection and when I asked about the porsche ionity charge card, my dealership didn’t know anything about it. Have I dreamt this up or do you get such a thing with the car??
Sponsored

jetbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
You have to order it from the Porsche connect site, log in and order the charging service, the Card is free for three years.

you can use the connect app in the mean time to start charges and get the discounted rate until your card arrives. Usually takes a week to arrive

oalsaker

First Name
Øystein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon Taycan 4s
Country flag
The sales rep helped me apply for it when I picked up the car. Still hasn't arrived in the mail, though.

Sonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lots
Country flag
I setup my account online last week and the card arrived yesterday, so nice and quick.

TAYC4S

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911C4S; Jag F-TypeR; Taycan4S; Turbo+992 (ordered)
Country flag
I setup my account online last week and the card arrived yesterday, so nice and quick.
Yes - same for me. However (and though I have not tried as yet), I heard that for MY21 cars at least (and I guess soon for all Taycans pre-MY21), you don't even need the card or app anymore. Apparently for Ionity, you drive up, plug in and the car does all the handshaking and payment. Its supposed to literally now be drive-up, charge and go... If true that's brilliant...

jetbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
Yes - same for me. However (and though I have not tried as yet), I heard that for MY21 cars at least (and I guess soon for all Taycans pre-MY21), you don't even need the card or app anymore. Apparently for Ionity, you drive up, plug in and the car does all the handshaking and payment. Its supposed to literally now be drive-up, charge and go... If true that's brilliant...
Yes that’s suppose to be how it works, would be good for someone to confirm that functionality works

Gordy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
My dealer also wasn't aware of this either, I was due to this forum :clap:

My car is in Emden waiting to be shipped, I asked the dealer for the VIN which they provided thinking I could put it into the MyPorsche site, as the car isn't fully registered to me via the dealership yet MyPorsche ask's for V5 and other ownership info to be uploaded which I don't have yet so I don't believe you can request the card ahead of time without your dealership doing something on the back-end to confirm your ownership of the car.

Well that's been my experience to date with it, realistically I'm not in any actual rush and can wait till I collect the car but was just trying to get some admin stuff sorted ahead of time.

OP
OP

Nickgj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hi Sonic- can you point me in the right direction please, can’t seem to find anywhere on line where to order the card
Cheers

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
Why are the dealers so flakey on the specifics? Not too impressive, is it?

Sonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lots
Country flag
Hi Sonic- can you point me in the right direction please, can’t seem to find anywhere on line where to order the card
Cheers
You can click the links i've added below to jump to the areas:

I went to the Porsche website -> My Porsche -> My Vehicles -> select the Taycan -> then under My Connect services -> Porsche Charging Service and then configured.

As a result of that i received the charging card.

Matt8442

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Turbo, Cayman GTS, Taycan 4S, Taycan Turbo S.
Country flag
I Have used the Ionity chargers in Baldock services twice now and every time I have had to use the RFD card. This was two weeks ago though so unless there is a new OTA update it didn’t work for me.
Also the RDF card was sent to us within two weeks of setting up the charging account.

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
This drive up n charge function... is there a update for m20 cars?

4SJB

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4SCT Mini Cooper S Audi A4 3.0 TDI
Country flag
Does anyone know if the IONITY account for UK drivers works on the continent? I have not taken delivery yet (one week to go) but have a trip planned to Germany and to Poland next year and easy use of IONITY chargers would be a bonus.

Sonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lots
Country flag
I can’t personally confirm, but I recall reading on the Porsche website it’s european wide.
Sponsored