Porsche Track your dream

TaycanIrishRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Hi all,

I am new to the forum been a long time lurker. Love this place so good for information on everything Porsche.

I have my Taycan ordered and due for delivery in July. It’s my first ever Porsche I have driven a 911 992 gts for a week before and fell in love.

My question is my Porsche dealer has informed me that track your dream is not available in Ireland :(
This was part of the experience I was looking forward to and also to get more excited about my order! Has anyone else experienced this in Ireland or other countries?
I am hoping my dealer has misunderstood me as Porsche is relatively new here in Ireland.
Thanks.
Sponsored

xyeahtony

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Integra 6MT, 23 CT4S
Country flag
There are plenty of countries where TYD is not available in. Mostly low-volume countries for Porsche where there is irregular shipping infrastructure that doesn't allow for Porsche to provide detailed tracking.

If its any consolation for everyone else that has TYD, the information is unreliable at best and downright misleading 3/4 times.

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
If it's the same as Portugal & Spain, you get nothing except your SA's good will of providing screenshots of the tracking system.

I do remember someone saying they got some tracking like UK ppl get but no idea if he ordered the car in Ireland or UK.

Derip88

First Name
Moe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Hi all,

I am new to the forum been a long time lurker. Love this place so good for information on everything Porsche.

I have my Taycan ordered and due for delivery in July. It’s my first ever Porsche I have driven a 911 992 gts for a week before and fell in love.

My question is my Porsche dealer has informed me that track your dream is not available in Ireland :(
This was part of the experience I was looking forward to and also to get more excited about my order! Has anyone else experienced this in Ireland or other countries?
I am hoping my dealer has misunderstood me as Porsche is relatively new here in Ireland.
Thanks.
Happenes to me in Costa Rica…maybe for smaller markets they don’t have that option…mind you that I placed a deposit 9 months ago and don’t know when the car is arriving…gotta accept the mistery I guess 😂

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Macan GTS, 23 Taycan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo,
Country flag
You are not missing much if anything at all.
I was excited to use it when I got the slot.
The tracking is cartoon kind and no more informative than my SA's tracking, and both are updated manually from some factory data. My SA told me, they do not update it on the weekends, so what is the point of it then. Basically, some bored intern looks at the factory screen and enters it into the TYD screen on workdays.
The only nice thing are pictures from the production line (5 total) as you can see in my Avatar, but even then, there is no picture of the car when it is fully completed and exiting factory, why is that not part of the dream tracking.
You can get a copy of those from others as it has to match a few things to be the same.
For example, I am happy to share my pictures from TYD if someone ordered Ice Grey Sedan, Pano, Window Trim in Silver, Black/Chalk interior, and White PSCBs to have pictures from the production line.

Last edited:

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You are not missing much if anything at all.
I was excited to use it when I got the slot.
The tracking is cartoon kind and no more informative than my SA's tracking.
The only nice thing are pictures from the production line as you can see in my Avatar.
However, you can get a copy of those from others as it has to match a few things to be the same.
For example, I am happy to share my pictures from TYD if someone ordered Ice Grey Sedan, Pano, Black/Chalk interior, and White PSCBs to have pictures from the production line.
That would be cool (volcano grey here. RWD, no pano roof)

BUT it's not exactly the same mentally. It's like looking at an echography from your neighbours kid. Cute but not your own child (most of the times, at least 🤣)

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Macan GTS, 23 Taycan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo,
Country flag
That would be cool (volcano grey here. RWD, no pano roof)

BUT it's not exactly the same mentally. It's like looking at an echography from your neighbours kid. Cute but not your own child (most of the times, at least 🤣)
I agree, but that is the best you can get. However, you can think if it that the pictures show how the frame is built, as it is the same across many, then they customize it to you, after the pictures are taken. To my point above, no one gets a picture as it exits production fully built.

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I agree, but that is the best you can get. However, you can think if it that the pictures show how the frame is built, as it is the same across many, then they customize it to you, after the pictures are taken. To my point above, no one gets a picture as it exits production fully built.
That is true.

Anyone with a full set of pics of a volcano grey rwd child without pano roof? Preferably with air suspension. Thank you 😁

Edit: option B is to hack Porsche Servers. The pics are there. Just not available to us. I believe every car is photographed. Not just some.

Mylo

First Name
Myles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Country flag
Hi all,

Thanks.
Hi I also have a Taycan on order in Ireland and was also told tracking the order is unavailable. It’s a pity because the communication from the dealer is not the best. Hope your wait is shorter than mine. I ordered last July and it looks like I’ll be waiting a few more weeks. So approx 1 year. Also keep an eye out for price increases. They are trying to charge me more than I agreed and didn’t honour the trade in price either.
Quick update.
Spoke to SA. they are working on app and hopefully will be available soon in Ireland. Also they are honouring the original price. So happy out. Really looking forward to delivery.

Last edited:
OP
OP

TaycanIrishRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I rang my Dealer yesterday for updates as now I know the Track your dream is definitely not available.

to my suprise was told it is in the body shop and finished tomorrow!!
not a bad turnaround time reading the above post I ordered in Jan this year.
Also agree with Mylo they just aren’t very knowledgeable I know some of the sales guys are from Joe Duffy and one guy I dealt with before in Range Rover.

They also tried to increase my price which I refused and they eventually backed down.

They told me 2-3 weeks for delivery I ordered Mamba Green which I have yet to see on the roads over here.
Sponsored