2021-2022 Model Change-Over

menzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mino cooper S, waiting for taycan CT
Country flag
That's between you and your dealer. If your car is already started and sitting in the factory during the shutdown waiting for parts like ours is, then it already exists and already has a 2021 VIN. We asked and were actually given our VIN already so no way ours will be a 2022, even though it leaves the factory during 2022 production (after the shutdown). Not happy with this.

How many people here are in that same situation?
CT4 has a vin but hasn’t finished production
Sponsored

vdr

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maybe a Taycan...
Country flag
That's between you and your dealer. If your car is already started and sitting in the factory during the shutdown waiting for parts like ours is, then it already exists and already has a 2021 VIN. We asked and were actually given our VIN already so no way ours will be a 2022, even though it leaves the factory during 2022 production (after the shutdown). Not happy with this.

How many people here are in that same situation?
Here! My 4S was ordered on 05/13 and purportedly entered production on 07/20 where it has been stuck…. presumably due to missing parts and the factory shutdown. Delivery has been pushed back a number of times to what is now late October. No VIN has been provided but I’m assuming my build will be a ‘21 as my request to move this to a ‘22 was described as “not possible because your car has already entered production”

Daniel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4 CT
Country flag
Like Bill4444 ,
My car entered production end of june and is stuck in factory park for missing parts, with a hundred other cars.
I already have my VIN, paid for the car, and my free Porsche charging service access card ...
My CT is a 2021 model, and i will wait the delivery driving my Macan S (ok other more serious problems in the world ...).
My dealer takes my Macan back without changing the amount of the balance, i have no other choice.
I can only hope to get some of the 2022 software update gratis ...

No idea about the date of the delivery, as the factory is closed till the 23 of august.
Sponsored

Last edited: