02bluesuperroo

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
I took delivery of a 2022 Taycan 4s 5 days ago. Within a few days i noticed a couple of odd things within the info related to "miles". The system was set to display miles and mph by default. The first weird thing was under the "Traffic Sign" display in the left instrument panel tube. Around the outside of the traffic sign it shows a speedometer gauge display. This display was labeled "mph" but it was really displaying "kph". I didn't want to take a pic while driving but I can assure you the markings didn't align with the mph readout at top center of the instrument panel. Additionally you can see it goes to 300 which is the max for kph but when it is displaying mph it only goes to 200. I wish I took more pictures but I resolved the issue and I can't recreate it.

Porsche Taycan 2022 Taycan oddities with "miles" defaults with a fix IMG_7537

The second similar issue I noticed is that as you can see in the above image, the range remaining is 131 miles which is correct and accurate but when you pull up the charging screen on My Home, and perhaps other places, it says the range is 131 km. I'm sorry the pictures is bad, but I didn't realize it was blurry until after I fixed the issue.

Porsche Taycan 2022 Taycan oddities with "miles" defaults with a fix IMG_7538

Now for the fix, I simply went into the menu under Settings -> System -> Units and change everything to kilometers. Then change everything back to miles. This resolved both issues for me.

OP
OP
02bluesuperroo

02bluesuperroo

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
Just an update to this thread because I noticed I didn't actually fix the issue with the charging info on My Home. I was able to get my wife to snap a photo while we were driving around today. In the yellow circle you see it says KM and in the yellow square it says miles, but the numbers are the same in each (the displayed range seems to be in miles). In the red circle you can see that the speedo is now showing 0-200 and is correctly depicting my speed with the white indicator bar. In my previous photo it was showing 0-300.

I tried switching to km and back to miles again, but that didn't resolve it. I'm not sure what else to do to try to fix it. I even reset my PCM settings today (for a different reason).

Porsche Taycan 2022 Taycan oddities with "miles" defaults with a fix 1639342852478

MartyMeatball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Software is full of little bugs like that. Maybe someday they'll fix them. I wouldn't hold my breath.

GG77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Cayenne S
Country flag
Any change in the miles/km behavior?

I was charging at EVGo yest and noticed this. No big deal but it just drives me a lil nuts. Everything is set to miles on the car and in the app. Not sure why it chooses to display miles on one screen and km on the other

Porsche Taycan 2022 Taycan oddities with "miles" defaults with a fix WhatsApp Image 2022-01-18 at 11.03.35 AM

OP
OP
02bluesuperroo

02bluesuperroo

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag

I was charging at EVGo yest and noticed this. No big deal but it just drives me a lil nuts. Everything is set to miles on the car and in the app. Not sure why it chooses to display miles on one screen and km on the other

WhatsApp Image 2022-01-18 at 11.03.35 AM.jpeg
No change for me. It even came back one day on the instrument cluster but then it was gone again the next time I started it up.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag

WhatsApp Image 2022-01-18 at 11.03.35 AM.jpeg

Exact same problem- really the only hiccup in otherwise near perfect car it seems! Drives me nuts though too and despite rechecking the units etc designation in the PCM settings, it does nothing to change it.

Porsche Taycan 2022 Taycan oddities with "miles" defaults with a fix IMG_4703

c5dap

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan RWD
Country flag
Hi. I have the same issues as covered above. However, in addition my active speed limiter switches (for example) from 50mph to 81kph. The rub is that 81kph recalibrates to 81mph!! 3 week Taycan is back at dealership until it’s sorted - will update.
Sponsored