AtTheGlen

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 Taycan GTS, ‘24 911 GT3 (992.1)
Country flag
The Taycan GTS has exceeded my expectations, particularly in areas of cornering stability and, of course, acceleration. It's absolutely true what people have written about the Taycan shrinking around the driver. Our other car is a 911, which is a pretty good benchmark, and even though the Taycan is about 1,400 pounds heavier that our 911, the Taycan's torque and the GTS-tuned suspension seem to erase a lot of that weight difference. I spec'd this as a sport sedan with RWS, PDCC-Sport and PCCBs. I originally spec'd the interior GTS package but found that with rear 2+1 seating, only the outboard seat belts would be red or chalk; the middle one would be black, so I went with black leather which allowed me to get ventilated seats.

I enjoyed the PEC (L.A.) delivery experience. The guys doing the in-service were great - good overview, really into the car's details, and they took photos both in the delivery area and while I was on track. I drove a Taycan Turbo S on the track as they didn't have a GTS in the fleet. My instructor had raced Formula Fords and is moving to Porsche GT3 Cup racing. On the track, he first rode with me for a few laps, which was good for fine points of instruction even though I've done track work in the past, then we did lead/follow. He was fast, which was great, and I was very close to my 10/10ths but he was smoother. I did the Turbo S/GT3 experience in the past - once with the 991.1 gen cars and last year with 992s, and this Taycan experience was similarly engaging. At a Porsche Drive Event in 2021, I autocrossed a Taycan, and it was amazing in that setting, as well. In both of these experiences, the Taycan was never difficult to control and placement on the track, power delivery and braking were superb.

The experience included a lunch for my wife and me in the 917 restaurant before the reveal and the track experience. There were additional souvenirs like a Porsche crest key fob, color-coordinated M&Ms, a Porsche CF pen and Porsche crest "highball" glasses. Nice! The Taycan experience has just about doubled in price, which is unfortunate. That said, if I were ordering a car from a dealership that was not near my CA home, I would do it again.

Here are a few of the many photos that were taken by the PEC staff members:

Just after the cover was pulled off.
Porsche Taycan 2023 Taycan GTS - L.A. PEC Delivery Experience IMG_0653.JPG

Post-delivery. Positioned for the drive home.
Porsche Taycan 2023 Taycan GTS - L.A. PEC Delivery Experience IMG_0762.JPG

I could not wait to hit the road - but it was rush hour on I-405 and traffic was crawling.
Porsche Taycan 2023 Taycan GTS - L.A. PEC Delivery Experience IMG_0758.JPG

Approaching the R-L-R chicane at the end of the back straight in the Taycan Turbo S.
Porsche Taycan 2023 Taycan GTS - L.A. PEC Delivery Experience IMG_0717.JPG

A few of the souvenirs of the delivery experience.
Porsche Taycan 2023 Taycan GTS - L.A. PEC Delivery Experience IMG_0602.JPG

Lekfx

First Name
Lek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X3e, e-surfboard, Taycan GTS Sport Turismo
Country flag
I’M SURPRISED TO SEE A TAYCAN GTS THAT IS NOT THE SPORT TURISMO format! I had read, and was told, that the only GTS available (for now in the US) is in the Sport Turismo format.
I am picking mine up TOMORROW at the PEC LA!!! My son and I are STOKED! (In the Californian sense, of course! Surf’s UP!)

OP
OP
AtTheGlen

AtTheGlen

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I’M SURPRISED TO SEE A TAYCAN GTS THAT IS NOT THE SPORT TURISMO format! I had read, and was told, that the only GTS available (for now in the US) is in the Sport Turismo format.
I am picking mine up TOMORROW at the PEC LA!!! My son and I are STOKED! (In the Californian sense, of course! Surf’s UP!)
I am sure that you and your son will have a blast! I ordered my Taycan GTS in July and it locked in September. It was built in December but was not loaded on a boat until late January.

My wife’s and my delivery experience had an 11:30 arrival time, so we started with lunch. And here’s a pro tip: I never get motion sickness in ordinary driving as driver or passenger, but on previous PEC experiences where I was driving all-out (harder than prior experience at a driving school and in GT3s and GT3 RSs at tracks where one pays by the lap), I felt a little queasy. So for this delivery experience, I only ate part of the salad (the delivery team kept the rest in their cooler), and I took non-drowsy Dramamine (ginger) just to be sure. I felt great even though I did more laps than on previous visits to the PEC. Charles and Andrew were the team that did our experience. They were great. Our delivery was on April 5 - please let them know that Richard and Megan send our best. They’ll probably remember us as I just sent them a link to my post!

I am very happy for you and your son. All the best with your new Taycan - many miles and smiles.
Richard

Lekfx

First Name
Lek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks Richard! Great advance intel. Ill being some ginger candies! And if I’m lucky enough to have the same team, I’ll relay your greets. I don’t tend to get the greens in a car, even during my go-kart training, but it’s always better to have and not need, than need and not have!

Lekfx

First Name
Lek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
WE DID IT! My son and I had an incredible day. I super-recommend this if you can swing it. The cars on display in the L.A. facility were very interesting. There is a large glass window area into the workshop, the only place where they build race engines here in the USA I believe. The gift shop was predictably geeky, but I suppose that’s fine. The restaurant is very elegant, and the food was really first-class! Amazing food. And with the delivery experience the food and drinks are all included. Nice! The dining room has a commanding view of the track from the second floor, and there is also an exterior balcony there to watch from. They only do two deliveries a day there, so it’s hard to get a date. Plan early! I was #988. I did get A preview of my car accidentally. I spotted what I HAD to assume was my silver GTS ST charging att one of the several chargers. Sure enough, they scrambled out to get it and parked it inside the delivery studio, draped for the reveal. Charles, head of driver training, and Joe, a very good and fun driver/tech were our hosts. BOTH were exceptional Truly. Great with the info and getting us set up in the car (not a simple task!), and later on the track. I expected to be driven around first and then coached from the passenger seat, but no! They gave BOTH my son and me each our own Turbo S!!! The trainers both drove their own Turbo S’s, and we BOTH got the whole track time, NOT split in two! Very high value for us both. My favorite was the slick circular skid pad, and the “ice hill & Kick Plate” sections. VERY instructive! This is my first AWD vehicle and so handling in the fringes of the envelope is different. Very interesting and BETTER than RWD for sure. (In my book) Swag was abundant, with color-matched M&M’s, including four red ones, for the calipers! Crazy. We left around 5PM and parted ways, Son for home, Me for Santa Barbara. I took PCH and traffic was minimal, incredibly, and the sunset drive home was enchanting. Now, fully insured, washed of sea spray (abundant due to high surf) and set up for our home and bodies, the car is growing roots! My wife will drive it tonight, and tomorrow a bit. We love it so far, for sure, definitely the best car I’ve ever owned.

Oh! And the parking lot was INSANE! SO many astounding cars!

Porsche Taycan 2023 Taycan GTS - L.A. PEC Delivery Experience IMG_4392

Porsche Taycan 2023 Taycan GTS - L.A. PEC Delivery Experience IMG_3758

Porsche Taycan 2023 Taycan GTS - L.A. PEC Delivery Experience IMG_4402

OP
OP
AtTheGlen

AtTheGlen

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So happy that you and your son had a terrific PEC delivery experience. Of course, I’m not surprised having done it so recently. Your Taycan looks terrific and I agree, it is a fantastic car. While it’s nice for now to have a second car with an internal combustion engine, I am quite sure that my wife’s and my next sedan, wagon or SUV will be an EV. All the best with your new Taycan!