f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
My '21 CT4S is normally around 185 miles at 85%... and I generally drive it really easy... coasting around town for 5-10 miles to drop the kids off before setting the cruising on the highway btw 55 and 70 for a 15 mile commute to the city.

Not sure if it's the extra weight of the hatch or what, but we have a '20 Turbo that seems get an easy 10% more range than my car.
The extra CT weight is a small percentage but the CT has about 20% more drag than the saloon and your Avatar shows 21" Mission E wheels which are probably the least aero efficient of the choices too.
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
That is surely not far off for the performance battery while the brakes bed in for the first 500 miles or so? I see around 235 miles predicted at 100% at this time of year and I have performance battery plus.
Currently I'm seeing 175 / 185 (best case) at 85% (2C - 9C ambient) and therefore 210 max at 100%. Nowhere near 235. We both have PB+ but I have 21" RS Spyders which aren't too clever when it comes to range as we know. To be honest I don't actually trust the estimated range these days as my journeys are typically very short and so consumption is high (always). Come the summer I'll expect around 225 - 230. What I'm seeing on my GTS is around 10 miles short of what I saw on my 4S (20") PB+ over the course of 2.5 years.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Currently I'm seeing 175 / 185 (best case) at 85% (2C - 9C ambient) and therefore 210 max at 100%. Nowhere near 235. We both have PB+ but I have 21" RS Spyders which aren't too clever when it comes to range as we know. To be honest I don't actually trust the estimated range these days as my journeys are typically very short and so consumption is high (always). Come the summer I'll expect around 225 - 230. What I'm seeing on my GTS is around 10 miles short of what I saw on my 4S (20") PB+ over the course of 2.5 years.
I went to Anglesey for half-term and grandson’s birthday.

I am still on my 20” winter tyres so narrower than my normal. The guessometer prediction was 245 miles before we left and after the 225 mile journey and the subsequent charge it predicted 235 and then 245 again when I got home.

I don’t pay all that much attention tbh because it is always ”enough”. On the way north we stopped for lunch and plugged in and on the way home stopped for coffee and a toilet break, plugged in briefly both times and got home with 32% battery. The chargers were not particularly fast and astonishingly expensive but adequate.

I haven’t found range to be a problem yet and navigate to chargers with a cafe or restaurant on a route I prefer rather than use the PCM “optimisation”. The toilet break at a M5 service station which had a charger right near the entrance was completely unplanned, my daughter and grandaughter were with us and it just turned out their need had an opportunity.

According to the My Porsche app the journey up was 47mph at 2.6 mi/kWh and the return (on a Sunday) was 15 minutes longer at 46mph average 2.8 mi/kWh.

Last edited:

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag

I am still on my 20” winter tyres so narrower than my normal. The guessometer prediction was 245 miles before we left and after the 225 mile journey and the subsequent charge it predicted 235 and then 245 again when I got home.

I don’t pay all that much attention tbh because it is always ”enough”. On the way north we stopped for lunch and plugged in and on the way home stopped for coffee and a toilet brake, plugged in briefly both times and got home with 32% battery. The chargers were not particularly fast and astonishingly expensive but adequate.

I haven’t found range to be a problem yet and navigate to chargers with a cafe or restaurant on a route I prefer rather than use the PCM “optimisation”. The toilet brake at a M5 service station which had a charger right near the entrance was completely unplanned, my daughter and grandaughter were with us and it just turned out their need had an opportunity.

According to the My Porsche app the journey up was 47mph at 2.6 mi/kWh and the return (on a Sunday) was 15 minutes longer at 46mph average 2.8 mi/kWh.
Nice - you'll have more charging options up North on your way to Cullen if you take a small detour off the AWPR to Westhill - 18 x 300kW - 350kW EVSEs (including Ionity (the other is ESB UK (not Ireland)) which is soon to be commissioned).

Curious that your consumption is bang on what I'm getting but yet your battery range guessometer is seeing life in a more positive light than mine is!

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag

I don’t pay all that much attention tbh because it is always ”enough”. On the way north we stopped for lunch and plugged in and on the way home stopped for coffee and a toilet brake, plugged in briefly both times and got home with 32% battery. The chargers were not particularly fast and astonishingly expensive but adequate.

I haven’t found range to be a problem yet and navigate to chargers with a cafe or restaurant on a route I prefer rather than use the PCM “optimisation”. The toilet brake at a M5 service station which had a charger right near the entrance was completely unplanned, my daughter and grandaughter were with us and it just turned out their need had an opportunity.

I would love to have that low consumption. I have seldom managed to get more than 2.6 mi/kWh.

Porsche Taycan 2024 4S Battery Issue IMG_1958

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I would love to have that low consumption. I have seldom managed to get more than 2.6 mi/kWh.
There was a lot of traffic on the motorway (60% of the trip) and I spent a lot of time effectively “slipstreaming”.
That always makes a big difference to consumption, I remember bing shocked by the superb fuel consumption of my wife’s Golf years ago in those traffic conditions compared to travelling on quiet roads.

I would still prefer the quiet roads though.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Nice - you'll have more charging options up North on your way to Cullen if you take a small detour off the AWPR to Westhill - 18 x 300kW - 350kW EVSEs (including Ionity (the other is ESB UK (not Ireland)) which is soon to be commissioned).

Curious that your consumption is bang on what I'm getting but yet your battery range guessometer is seeing life in a more positive light than mine is!
One of my brothers lives near Moffat and the other in Perth both near Ionity stations I can get from Perth to there OK I think.
Sponsored