Activate climate control when leaving the car parked?

porsche_coyote

First Name
Wiley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW ID.4 AWD Pro S, BMW i3
Country flag
I can't find the answer in the manual, so I thought I would tap into the hive mind for assistance. One of my favorite features of the BMW i3 is that I can turn on the air conditioning just after turning off the car and have it stay on while the car is parked and locked. This has proven particularly wonderful during our recent California heat wave.

Does the Taycan allow the same thing? I can't find anything in the manual that suggests that it will, but I would love to find out that it's there.
Sponsored

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I can't find the answer in the manual, so I thought I would tap into the hive mind for assistance. One of my favorite features of the BMW i3 is that I can turn on the air conditioning just after turning off the car and have it stay on while the car is parked and locked. This has proven particularly wonderful during our recent California heat wave.

Does the Taycan allow the same thing? I can't find anything in the manual that suggests that it will, but I would love to find out that it's there.
Yes! Go to Climate Menu, Precool, On. It'll keep the car cool for up to an hour.

You can also double click lock or turn off interior monitoring if leaving a dog or friend inside.