annieland

First Name
Annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan 4S, '20 Stinger, '16 Pilot
Country flag
so mine has been at kehlheim since it was ‘completed’ on the 19th feb. it’s 3.5 hours east from stuggart north of Munich.

Would be interesting if the cars being released we sent to the port then retrofitted the heater or have been at kehlheim
Ohhhhh ok, duh. Shows how much I know.
Sponsored

gryphon99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 CRV, 2020 Highlander, 2023 Taycan 4s incoming
Country flag
Great news do you know where they held the car after production?
It was held somewhere in France based on what Porsche told the SA 🤷‍♂️ Why they could get it to France but not the port originally is unknown. Maybe there were too many cars backed up at the port.

gryphon99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 CRV, 2020 Highlander, 2023 Taycan 4s incoming
Country flag
I get what you're saying, but as @PaulBay14 also wondered, where the heck do they keep these cars after production if not at port? I thought they didn't have capacity at Stuttgart for a month's inventory of cars. Seems odd for them to hold his car at the factory for 2 months, only to hold it at the port for another.

Hang in there @gryphon99, you'll get it soon and all this anticipation will become a distant memory and make you appreciate your new baby even more.
I'm definitely keeping my fingers crossed! As far as the SA can tell, nothing shows my car ever needing a new heater. Porsche told him the car is fully expected to be on the ship soon. I would hope Porsche is telling him the right info. If it gets held up again, I'm gonna go bonkers!!!!

Jenner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
25? Tesla Roadster/22 Tesla MYP/21 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
where the heck do they keep these cars after production if not at port?
Someone in of the (many) delay threads posted that Porsche is renting space from Mercedes at an old airport in North Germany that Mercedes uses for car storage.

The Mercedes airport bit is certainly true so the Porsche part is very plausible:

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Your car was clearly manufactured while they were still installing the defective heaters. They have been replacing those heaters at Emden,
Do you have a source of this information?

Sace

First Name
Anders
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Sport Tourismo
Country flag
Someone in of the (many) delay threads posted that Porsche is renting space from Mercedes at an old airport in North Germany that Mercedes uses for car storage.
I was told the same from my local dealer (only the renting from Mercedes, not the airport part) so maybe it has some truth to it.

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
It makes sense unfortunately. It's not a FIFO system. Just depends how each batch of cars was parked I guess. If one is unlucky and their car is buried by other 200 cars around it, it will miss the next boat.

They definitely could develop a better strategy to park them in a more organised manner (FIFO)

annieland

First Name
Annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan 4S, '20 Stinger, '16 Pilot
Country flag
It makes sense unfortunately. It's not a FIFO system. Just depends how each batch of cars was parked I guess. If one is unlucky and their car is buried by other 200 cars around it, it will miss the next boat.

They definitely could develop a better strategy to park them in a more organised manner (FIFO)
If you or anyone has time, watch this documentary my husband and I watched together while waiting for the ship to come in. We found it fascinating and afterwards he was just as interested in the shipping process as I had been. FIFO... easier said than done.

lwc1001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
If you or anyone has time, watch this documentary my husband and I watched together while waiting for the ship to come in. We found it fascinating and afterwards he was just as interested in the shipping process as I had been. FIFO... easier said than done.

I watched this last week while i was sick at home. Its pretty interesting. My car just got to the port and seems like no boat schedule to leave the port to west coast until 4/30. Hope my car makes it on that boat

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag

I would but...
Porsche Taycan All Taycan deliveries being held at port due to needing new heaters Screenshot_2023-04-17-21-19-17-41_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12