What Ordered Options Are Missing From Deliveries Due To Chip Shortage?

jcroix

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have a 2022 Taycan 4S on order that’s now ready for transport according to trackyourdream.porsche.com. It has the Premium Package, Technology Package, Performance Package and a few other options thrown in for good measure. I’ve heard that cars are being delivered that are missing features, and was wondering what the general experience is. I don’t think there’s a way for me to find out what might be missing until it actually arrives at my local dealer’s lot - or is there? I’ve read about people lacking electric controls for steering wheel positioning and second fobs. Anybody recently receive their car with missing features? Will cars be retrofitted?
Sponsored

yucatown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Be prepared to wait. Ready for transport doesn’t seem to mean too much for Porsche these days. My car has been stuck at the port here in the US for over a month missing its tire pressure module system.

OP
OP

jcroix

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
According to TYD, it doesn’t arrive at Emden Port until 9/24, and doesn’t get onto the boat until 10/8. US arrival is 11/5. Everything is actually being completed faster than the estimated dates, but still a long way until it hits the US (28 days in transit to Houston, for example, probably can’t be accelerated). Hopefully they’ll catch up on some of the critical missing parts in the interim. It’s the non-critical stuff, that the car can still be delivered without, that I was hearing about. I’ve read about long waits at the port for critical components, and hope that won’t impact me by the time my car comes to the US.

OP
OP

jcroix

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Thanks for the info! Looks like there may be several things that will hold up delivery of my Taycan once it gets to Houston. I guess the only question I have, based on this list, concerns phone inductive charging. If it’s eliminated, will the car be retrofit with an inductive charger in the future? Not having inductive charging would be a real pain with cables…

frankchn

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
992 TTS, Taycan TTS
Country flag
Thanks for the info! Looks like there may be several things that will hold up delivery of my Taycan once it gets to Houston. I guess the only question I have, based on this list, concerns phone inductive charging. If it’s eliminated, will the car be retrofit with an inductive charger in the future? Not having inductive charging would be a real pain with cables…
Yes, and in fact the dealer should do it for you once parts become available: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2021/MC-10199889-0001.pdf
Sponsored